Kenwood HD30GB9 album art help
Oct 16, 2007 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

addz

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

having just received my HD30GBA9, ive already transfered some music over to the device using there kenwood media application. But i cannot figure out how to get custom art work to work. Ive edited the tag files using the media application and added my own album art work, sync'ed the PC with the device. But when i come to the kenwood and check for album art, i just get the default picture.

any ideas people? maybe im missing something here, i must be doing it wrong because the demo file displays album art perfectly. btw im using mp3 files.

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 6
Not sure what the problem might be here. I personally use Album Cover Art Downloader, a piece of freeware that works very well. Once I've tagged the files with the appropriate cover art, transfer with Kenwood Media Application works seamlessly. I've never had an issue with the cover art not appearing on the HD30GB9 using this method. I have not tried to add cover art through the KMA software. Perhaps you should try this third-party method and see if it works for you.

El Duderino

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 6
El Duderino,

Did you decide what IEMs you'll upgrade to?
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 6
Here are the possibilities:

A. Go into your "Settings" menu.

1. Scroll down to "ALBUM VIEW". This should be on.
2. Scroll down to "VISUALIZATION". This should be set to either GAKUGA or NORMAL. I personally like GAKUGA because it gives the larger album art.

B. KMA Software side

I assume you went directly into the files in the "PD" tab, and right clicked the album, "Add Album Picture," am I correct? This should work then. If it doesn't, Library Update both the PC and PD tab.

If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll walk you through.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #5 of 6
thank you everyone.

Assorted, instead of changing the album art by right clicking on the album name, i was right clicking on each of the individual tunes then adding art. So its all sorted now, but shouldn't we be able to change the album art that way? or does it seem that we have to change it via right clicking the album name on the far left?

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 6
From my experience, if you organize your albums in folders (on your pc), all you need to do is copy the album art image into the folder and rename it "folder.jpg" (without quotes).

Afterwards when you drag the folder to the kenwood app and transfer album to the dap, it will automatically recognize the album art and display it perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back