Kenwood HD30GA9 Review
Dec 1, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 5
i hope kenwood releases it worldwide, or at least to the rest of asia.
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 5
The lack of features would make many people turn away from it though. But then again the iPod does not have as many features as other DAP players on the market, but still sells very well.

Beside the lack of features I think the price has to go down before it can be competitive on the market.

Dec 1, 2005 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 5
I don't think Kenwood wants HD20GA7 or HD30GA9 to be an iPod-killer, or even be that competitive in the market. Otherwise they wouldn't price these players that high.

By the looks of it, HD20GA7 has become something of a cult player in Japan, with a premium appeal. It seems to have found a niche among people who value sound quality above all else and aren't afraid to pay for it. I think this allows Kenwood to price the players way high, knowing that there will always be a certain number of people who will buy them.

The way things are, HD20GA7 or HD30GA9 will never find universal popularity - it's just too expensive and feature-less. For the sake of the head-fiers everywhere, however, I do really hope that these players become widely available
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back