KENNERTON VALI - Impressions, Discussion Thread
Mar 30, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #212 of 271
6-8 units went real quick there lol. Hopefully more to come, I was still pondering it from when i discovered the drop earlier in the pm.

Sorry, afraid I was one of the last 3. I have no self restraint.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #215 of 271
WTB similar EU deals!

What would that accomplish exactly? You reside in Finland as per your profile so no matter what you do you're gonna pay your 24% - the price on Massdrop ($699) is exempt of VAT for obvious reasons. People are always so confused as for how VAT works it seems, where the product is made or the "deal" is held is irrelevant, the only difference is if you bought them off of Massdrop you'd have to handle the VAT yourself upon entry in your country (or upon delivery), if they shipped to you from Sweden or Italy or Spain or anywhere else in Europe then VAT would probably be included in the asking price, hence it'd be exactly the same.

If you go down to the shop to buy Russian butter for 2€, 24% of that is VAT, thing is it's already included in the MSRP. If you live in the EU you're paying VAT, no matter what.

PS: Only difference would be in shipping costs, which funnily enough would probably be the same or higher than they are if you buy through Massdrop has they have incredible business deals with DHL - $15 for the Vali to ship from Russia, to the US and then to me in Portugal. $12 for Kennerton to ship them directly to me via standard RUS Post.

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #216 of 271

What would that accomplish exactly? You reside in Finland as per your profile so no matter what you do you're gonna pay your 24% - the price on Massdrop ($699) is exempt of VAT for obvious reasons. People are always so confused as for how VAT works it seems, where the product is made or the "deal" is held is irrelevant, the only difference is if you bought them off of Massdrop you'd have to handle the VAT yourself upon entry in your country (or upon delivery), if they shipped to you from Sweden or Italy or Spain or anywhere else in Europe then VAT would probably be included in the asking price, hence it'd be exactly the same.

If you go down to the shop to buy Russian butter for 2€, 24% of that is VAT, thing is it's already included in the MSRP. If you live in the EU you're paying VAT, no matter what.

PS: Only difference would be in shipping costs, which funnily enough would probably be the same or higher than they are if you buy through Massdrop has they have incredible business deals with DHL - $15 for the Vali to ship from Russia, to the US and then to me in Portugal. $12 for Kennerton to ship them directly to me via standard RUS Post.

Warranties within the EU, if problems arise, the customs are quite annoying to deal with repair/warranty issues.
For a US customer, a choice between a 699$ unit with a US warranty vs. 990$ directly from Kennerton in Russia.
For me in Europe, I'm either stuck with 699$+VAT/US warranty, 990$+VAT/Russian warranty, or 1150€~ within Europe. See my point? The Massdrop deal was quite lovely!
It's actually cheaper for me to hop on a boat, go to St. Petersburg, and buy the headphone there. When and if I decide to do that, I guess I'd go with Odin due to the inconvenience, eh?

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #217 of 271
Just remembered these bad boys. Now I need to decide if I'm going Vali or Elear for endgame...

May 18, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #221 of 271
Mine just arrived from the Massdrop. First impression is very positive. At least sound wise. They sound really nice, pretty neutral but with just enough fun to them to make me want to rock out. Negatives, and like I said I did just literally open up the box and put them on, they have the most clamp of all my headphones. So much that I'm hoping that they loosen up with usage. Only other complaint is the pads are pretty firm, which when combined with the clamp is a bit much. So I'll give em time, cause they do sound that good. Only other thing I can say at this time is they are on the heavy side. So if the LCD line gives you neck pain this probably would as well.

May 18, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #222 of 271
Mine just arrived from the Massdrop. First impression is very positive. At least sound wise. They sound really nice, pretty neutral but with just enough fun to them to make me want to rock out. Negatives, and like I said I did just literally open up the box and put them on, they have the most clamp of all my headphones. So much that I'm hoping that they loosen up with usage. Only other complaint is the pads are pretty firm, which when combined with the clamp is a bit much. So I'll give em time, cause they do sound that good. Only other thing I can say at this time is they are on the heavy side. So if the LCD line gives you neck pain this probably would as well.
Sounds a lot like my feelings on the early unit.

May 18, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #223 of 271

Hi.
Regarding the clamping problem of the Vali (too much clamping strenght of the Vali or Odin that share the same headband):
Unscrew the screw of the secondary suspension headband (on one side) and slacken the metal arch by twisting it on the outside in this way. Look this photo : here is the picture of a Kennerton Odin, but which is exactly the same headband as the Kennerton Vali, except the color. The arch is metal, not a single piece of plastic; Once the arch of the Vali (or Odin) is relaxed, re-fix the screw of the secondary headband, and the trick is played; You end up with a much more comfortable headphone regarding the strength of clamping. :)

244636DSC9653bbb.jpg

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #224 of 271
Hi.
Regarding the clamping problem of the Vali (too much clamping strenght of the Vali or Odin that share the same headband):
Unscrew the screw of the secondary suspension headband (on one side) and slacken the metal arch by twisting it on the outside in this way. Look this photo : here is the picture of a Kennerton Odin, but which is exactly the same headband as the Kennerton Vali, except the color. The arch is metal, not a single piece of plastic; Once the arch of the Vali (or Odin) is relaxed, re-fix the screw of the secondary headband, and the trick is played; You end up with a much more comfortable headphone regarding the strength of clamping. :)

244636DSC9653bbb.jpg
I'll give that a shot tomorrow. I am very happy with the sound of the cans. They look very nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back