Kennerton Thekk
Dec 28, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #16 of 107
Dear friends, Eric is absolutely right. If someone has a desire to make a specially customized series-please, welcome! I will be happy and happy to do something special for you. For me, this is much more interesting and enjoyable than stamping identical and faceless mass products. We are a very small company. This is our weakness - we don't have the ability to pay cunning marketers, pay for laudatory reviews in magazines and forums, . Alas, this is a cruel world of business, where money decides everything ( and to be honest, even if you make the best product in the world-no one will know about it, no one will believe it, no one will buy it without a huge investment in marketing and promotion). But at the same time, the fact that we are small is also our strength! We can change very quickly, adapt to any wishes of our customers, constantly improve our product, do something new, and most importantly-we are free to make an honest product that we love ourselves ( this is like a homemade cake - it is unrealistic and unprofitable to make it for large hypermarkets. And for dear guests at home or in a small cafe you can always proudly do something better)... So-welcome!

Hello, Valentin.

This is only my opinion, but regardless of the quality of the sound, which deserves to be known and recognized by all those who will have the curiosity to listen to these Kennerton headphones and which uses high-tech technologies for the drivers ; well, this diversity of finishes of these Kennerton headphones, which can be customized at will, even to have a version unique in the world, is the strength of Kennerton.
Because this customization of the headphones is done in a very qualitative way: wood very well finished and durable; quality leather made to last; no or very few plastic parts , we are really in the luxury field, not the French way, but the "Russian" way, in the line of the luxury handmade and handcrafted in St Petersburg. :)

EDIT: For example, my current four Kennerton headphones.

19122803334323553816574630.jpg

Kennerton Odin mk2 in natural Karelian birch (lacquered).

19122803334423553816574631.jpg

Kennerton Thror (SN001) in bog oak.

19122803334523553816574635.jpg

Kennerton Magni (that of my son, more exactly).

19122803334423553816574634.jpg

Kennerton Thekk SN001 in stabilized Karelian birch. (with cold light)

19120511022223553816542941.jpg

Kennerton Thekk SN001 in stabilized Karelian birch. (with warm (halogen) light).

19122803334423553816574633.jpg

(detail)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #18 of 107
Thank you for the follow-up. Is the only way to purchase the Thekk direct?

Hi.

As far as I know, there are only two ways to acquire a Kennerton Thekk, standard or custom (or any other new Kennerton headphones): if your country has an official importer, like in France, you have to go through the importer (that's what I did with P. Paya, the French importer of Kennerton products with whom I was able to negotiate these special versions of headphones); otherwise, you have to go through the official Kennerton website (for countries without importers) and make your request when ordering.
If it is not through your importer Mr. Valentin Kazanzhi is accessible on Facebook for questions, I suppose.

Dec 31, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #19 of 107
Hi all.

To answer some questions about Thekk and Thror, and their main differences (except those of weight, price and look).

The drivers of the Thekk and Thror are very similar: same high-tech membrane reinforced by a hexagonal honeycomb armature; same lightweight carbon fiber frame; same sensitivity (around 100 dB / mW) (against 104 dB / mW for Odin and Thridi).

But the cup structure of the Thekk is more open and the damping is different; moreover, I think the pads of the Thekk are specific to the Thekk, just like the pads of the Thror, specific to the Thror, and themselves different from those of the Odin.

This is the last evolution technically speaking (the most complete and succesfull?) of all Kennerton planar headphones, succeeding to the Thror, the Thridi and the Odin.

This is characterized by a warmer sounding for the Thekk with a reinforced SPL level in the bass. With the Thekk, the cello's tone (body sound) is more realistic, and more balanced with the sound of the strings. The vocals are a bit less emphasized because of the higher bass level and the less emphasis upper-mids on the 3-3.5 KHz zone of the Thekk versus Thror.

The overall tone of the Thekk seems to me more complete than the Thror's; the level of detail is identical, as well as the precision, both higher than the Odin's.

Thekk and Thror are less analytical and tiring to listen to than the Focal Utopia with its stock cable.
The Thekk is the most balanced and natural with the Kennerton Custom cable, more transparent and dynamic and more pleasant to use than the Kennerton stock cable.
I think you should avoid cables that emphasize the trebles with the Thekk because of a small accent from the Thekk (but also from the Thror) around 8-9 KHz, which can bring out the whistling (ssss) so present in the recording. This is its main flaw.
The dynamics (macrodynamic) of the Thekk (and Thror) is good, I think better than a Hifiman (HE-1000 and Susvara), but not as good as an Abyss or good electrodynamic headphones.
The extraction of details and microdynamics is probably less advanced than the Utopia and Susvara, but the sound details are given with a lot of naturalness and frankness, without exaggeration, even more the Thekk than the Thror. The tolerance to bad recordings is quite good as these headphones don't have a magnifying glass effect and hyperanalytical effect.
isquirrel (for the Thror) appreciates the quality of construction of the Kennerton headphones. The Thror is more diificult for the (fixed setting) tuning; the Thekk is more flexible and easy in its use.
Otherwise, the soundstage of the Thror and the Thekk is not extra wide; it can be a little wider than the Utopia; the soundstage precision (focus) is good, with a good depth. The soundstage is natural and well balanced.
The Thror, like the Thekk are revealing of the upstream system; the more qualitative it is (source, dac, amplifier), the better the rendering.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #20 of 107
A few questions

1. Does stabilizing the wood change its Sonic's? Since the wood becomes so hard, almost stone like, it would seem the sound would be different but I don't really know.
  2. The cable upgrade option does not seem like the higher end cable upgraded with all the different wire options like OCC / silver / hybrid, etc. What changes does the cable add?

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #21 of 107
A few questions

1. Does stabilizing the wood change its Sonic's? Since the wood becomes so hard, almost stone like, it would seem the sound would be different but I don't really know.
  2. The cable upgrade option does not seem like the higher end cable upgraded with all the different wire options like OCC / silver / hybrid, etc. What changes does the cable add?

Hi.

The nature of the wood (stabilized or not) does not change the sound of the open Kennerton headphones, but also of the Magni (closed headphones), because the wood is in this case just an outer ring, and not the closed back (which is an aluminium plate for the Magni).

Concerning the cables, it is difficult to give you an answer because a cable acts as a filter by favouring this or that frequency.

Kennerton cables are made of copper OCC, and Kennerton's Custom cable is made of OCC Litz wire "military grade". Personally I consider the Kennerton's Custom cable as a "neutral" cable, transparent and dynamic, more transparent than the stock cable, also more rigid.
I'm not sure if silver or mixed copper-silver cables, or treble emphasizing cables are ideal for the Thekk; but it may be a matter of taste.

Kennerton's headphone connectors are quite universal (either mini XLR or 3.5mm jack on the headphone side), so it's best to test before buying a very expensive cable.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #22 of 107
Hi.

The nature of the wood (stabilized or not) does not change the sound of the open Kennerton headphones, but also of the Magni (closed headphones), because the wood is in this case just an outer ring, and not the closed back (which is an aluminium plate for the Magni).

Concerning the cables, it is difficult to give you an answer because a cable acts as a filter by favouring this or that frequency.

Kennerton cables are made of copper OCC, and Kennerton's Custom cable is made of OCC Litz wire "military grade". Personally I consider the Kennerton's Custom cable as a "neutral" cable, transparent and dynamic, more transparent than the stock cable, also more rigid.
I'm not sure if silver or mixed copper-silver cables, or treble emphasizing cables are ideal for the Thekk; but it may be a matter of taste.

Kennerton's headphone connectors are quite universal (either mini XLR or 3.5mm jack on the headphone side), so it's best to test before buying a very expensive cable.

This is the only cable on their website, is this the version you were describing?

https://kennerton.com/shop/custom-litz-cable/

Jan 3, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #24 of 107
I was wondering what may have changed on the Thekk pricing? In post 1, it mentioned for France the Thekk would be 26 percent less than Thror. However, using the same Bog Oak, the Thror is $3436 US while for the Bog Oak on the Thekk, the price is $2990, which is 87 percent not 74 percent. Based on the Euro, the Thror is 3080 compared to the Thekk which is 2680, which is also 87 percent. Any idea why the price increase for the Thekk or I guess maybe it could have been a price decrease on the Thror?

Jan 3, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #25 of 107
I was wondering what may have changed on the Thekk pricing? In post 1, it mentioned for France the Thekk would be 26 percent less than Thror. However, using the same Bog Oak, the Thror is $3436 US while for the Bog Oak on the Thekk, the price is $2990, which is 87 percent not 74 percent. Based on the Euro, the Thror is 3080 compared to the Thekk which is 2680, which is also 87 percent. Any idea why the price increase for the Thekk or I guess maybe it could have been a price decrease on the Thror?

The official price of the Thekk in France is 2.850 € (due to the very high taxes in France: with the 20% VAT); the international price of Thekk is 2.680 € (price excluding taxes); and for just under three more days it's 2,010 € "only".
https://casques-headphones.com/12-kennerton-fischer
https://kennerton.com/shop/thekk-bog-oak/

The French are more to be pitied! :beyersmile:

Jan 3, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #26 of 107
The official price of the Thekk in France is 2.850 € (due to the very high taxes in France: with the 20% VAT); the international price of Thekk is 2.680 € (price excluding taxes); and for just under three more days it's 2,010 € "only".
https://casques-headphones.com/12-kennerton-fischer
https://kennerton.com/shop/thekk-bog-oak/

The French are more to be pitied! :beyersmile:

So basically you are suggesting it was a drop in the Thror price to 3080, which lowered the spread to 13 percent from 26 percent?

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #27 of 107
So basically you are suggesting it was a drop in the Thror price to 3080, which lowered the spread to 13 percent from 26 percent?

Hi.

Thror is quite expensive, both in France (French price of 3,600 € with the French tax of 20%) and at internationally (international price (excluding taxes) of 3,080 €, excluding promotion).

The French price of the Thekk is a little more advantageous for the French market: 2,850 € (against 3,600 € for the Thror), i.e. a price reduction of 26.3% compared to the Thror.
The international price of the Thekk is a little less advantageous: 2,680 € (against 3,080 € for the Thror), i.e. a price reduction of only 14.9%.
But it is on the Russian market that the price of the Thekk is the most advantageous: 120,000 РУБ (against 163,200 РУБ for the Thror), that is a price reduction of 36%!
https://fischeraudio.store/products/category/overear?page=1

So if you want to have a cheap Kennerton Thekk (compared to the price of the Thror), you must:
1- be Russian.
or
2- take advantage of the current promotion of -25% on the price of all Kennerton headphones, including the Thekk. (note: promotion ends in less than 3 days...).

Otherwise, it is Kennerton's CEO (Mr. Valentin Kazanzhi) who sets the prices according to the markets.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #28 of 107
Hi.

Thror is quite expensive, both in France (French price of 3,600 € with the French tax of 20%) and at internationally (international price (excluding taxes) of 3,080 €, excluding promotion).

The French price of the Thekk is a little more advantageous for the French market: 2,850 € (against 3,600 € for the Thror), i.e. a price reduction of 26.3% compared to the Thror.
The international price of the Thekk is a little less advantageous: 2,680 € (against 3,080 € for the Thror), i.e. a price reduction of only 14.9%.
But it is on the Russian market that the price of the Thekk is the most advantageous: 120,000 РУБ (against 163,200 РУБ for the Thror), that is a price reduction of 36%!
https://fischeraudio.store/products/category/overear?page=1

So if you want to have a cheap Kennerton Thekk (compared to the price of the Thror), you must:
1- be Russian.
or
2- take advantage of the current promotion of -25% on the price of all Kennerton headphones, including the Thekk. (note: promotion ends in less than 3 days...).

Otherwise, it is Kennerton's CEO (Mr. Valentin Kazanzhi) who sets the prices according to the markets.

Now I see why I am confused. The Thror also included a new high class cable, which I presume is close to the upgraded cable so in fact the prices could almost be the same if you factor in adding the upgraded cable for the Thekk.

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #29 of 107
I could not pull the trigger without having experience the Thekk. Also in looking at PayPals conversion, it appears our President's recent action caused the dollar to be worth even less to the Euro.

Jan 7, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #30 of 107
I could not pull the trigger without having experience the Thekk. Also in looking at PayPals conversion, it appears our President's recent action caused the dollar to be worth even less to the Euro.

No comments! :beyersmile:

Otherwise, remember that the Thekk is the PRO version of the Thror, or better yet, the evolutionary and improved version that succeeds the Thror and which provides both the same degree of technicality of the Thror, but also a more pleasant listening experience with a fuller and even more natural sound than the Thror.

So, when I read this "prophetic" conclusion of Headfonia's review of the Kennerton Thror (below), I can't help but think of the Kennerton Thekk ...

Quote : " Conclusion

Thror is a reference headphone with a very special and unique tuning. To me Thror is the reference version of Odin with a more neutral, clear, clean, precise and lighter tuning.

What I personally love in Thror is the clean and clear sound, the fast and precise delivery, the bass precision and the energetic treble extension. Thror is a more neutrally tuned, lighter sounding flagship and isn’t the kind of headphone that will easily please fans of a warm, smooth and thicker sound. It perfectly executes how it was tuned by its designer and I am sure many people will love this typical sound signature.

I do think we will see another evolution of this flagship in the future. One which will combine the technical level and excellence of Thror with the body and impact of the Odin, and the smoothness of the RAD-O and HE-1000SE. Let’s see in January of next year if I was right. "

https://www.headfonia.com/kennerton-thror-review/5/

Maybe it's just the Kennerton Thekk, the next evolution expected by some, of the current Kennerton flagship, the Thror ?! :beyersmile::)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back