KEF X300A loud static pop noise
Jan 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vitavox

New Head-Fier
Has anyone experienced loud static pop sound from KEF X300A when it goes in/out of the power save mode? This happens inconsistently, but surely every day for couple times, and I am trying to figure out the contributing causes.

The speakers are connected to my iMac and I am using JRiver Media Center 18 for Mac.

It appears that the issue is not relevant to which OS version I use, it happened on Snow Leopard and Maverick.

Thank you,

Jan 6, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 3
I have heard of this happening with other soundcards & speakers. Have you tried plugging both the computer and the speakers into the same surge protector? Or, if they already are, then try separating them onto two different circuits. Are they in grounded plugs? Due to the integrated DAC/amp/speaker design, if the speakers don't have circuitry to mute when the USB signal drops, I'm not sure there's much you can do about it.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the suggestion. They are both plugged in the power bar - grounded, but not the surge protector type. I will try it out with one, and see how it changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back