KEF M100 and M400 impression and review thread.
Dec 6, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #46 of 54
Yep. The M100s definitely need more power than some phones will be able to provide for adequate listening levels. I just got in the M400s, and they are a good bit more sensitive than the M100s.

Dec 7, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #47 of 54
A report after more listening and letting them break in for 24 hours. These M400s are great. I'm surprised there aren't more testimonials about them. Based on memory (for what that's worth), I'd rank them up there in SQ with the DT1350s, trading a little resolution for a warmer tone. Occasionally, the DT1350s were a touch bright to me. And the M400s fit me better (the DT1350s were too uncomfortable and I got rid of them a couple of years ago). I have an XXL hat size, and these do just barely fit and press just a little on the top of my head. Pressure on the ears is fine. I don't see wearing them for more than an hour or so at a time for mobile use, so a little discomfort is no problem. They'd probably bug me if I wore them for hours on end.

They fold up very small in their pouch, a plus for travel or EDC. Isolation is not that good, but at moderate volumes, they don't leak enough sound that they should annoy people on public transportation. If I were a commuter, I could see using them given their small size. And they definitely look better than the DT1350, which always reminded me of some kind of dental face bow gear that adolescents wear the way it crossed the head. (LOL)

KEF Direct has ended their special, but Newegg still has them for $79.99, so I decided to order a second pair as a holiday gift for my brother who is into speaker audio and knows the brand:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAE1F5UG3432

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #48 of 54
At this point- and it may change at any time- Newegg has the Champagne Gold and Racing Blue M100s for $29, and the 10% off code MBLB1205B when you buy them via mobile. The orange color, which was $24.99 this morning, is all the way back up to $149.

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #50 of 54
Recently bought the m400. A bit disappointed to be honest. They cost me only £40 new although originally retailing at over £100. However, they are comfortably outperformed by my Skullcandy Grind! Never expected that...

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #51 of 54
Recently bought the m400. A bit disappointed to be honest. They cost me only £40 new although originally retailing at over £100. However, they are comfortably outperformed by my Skullcandy Grind! Never expected that...
Wow, I guess the high praise for the M500 doesn’t extend to the M400, which seems to get mixed reviews.

On the other hand, I’ve heard some surprisingly good things about the Grind.

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #53 of 54
Hi, the link does not seem to work correctly, at least on my computer. Seems so flunky affiliate tracker is interfering and redirecting to a different offer. Might be just my browser, however, if you have this problem, just copy and paste the URL in a fresh browser window and it should work fine.

Also, the Orange Sunset is sold out, just Champagne White available.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #54 of 54
So far OOTB, the KEF100 remind me of a KEF200 Jr. I have both to A/B. The biggest difference is that the mid bass bloom on the M200 is missing from the M100, and the treble is more extended on the M100. Bass is punchy. Really punchy. Soundstage and imaging are the stars of the show though. Sounds swirl outside and around the head. Excellent air. Too bad I feel the resolution is just a tad lacking. Still, I enjoy these OOTB. I got the orange ones on ebay for $25.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back