KEF LS50W
Apr 2, 2019 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RA66

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

New to head-fi. I'm currently liquidating my headphone collection (The new wife says she's tired of the mess). I just bought a pair of LS50W for my man cave and was wondering if it would be reasonable to set them up to my TV as well as have them for music? Is there anything special I need to buy?

Apr 7, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 3
You should probably get a powered subwoofer if you intend to listen to these at high volume, as a 2-way coaxial speaker really needs a low pass filter on the bass frequencies to avoid doppler distortion. Run them on the reduced bass extension mode with a subwoofer (or 2) and you should be golden.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #3 of 3
You should probably get a powered subwoofer if you intend to listen to these at high volume, as a 2-way coaxial speaker really needs a low pass filter on the bass frequencies to avoid doppler distortion. Run them on the reduced bass extension mode with a subwoofer (or 2) and you should be golden.
thanks... can you suggest subwoofer for KEF LS50w. What is '2"? (bass extension mode with a subwoofer (or 2) ) Is it that two subwoofers are needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back