KEF C-1 VS Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 - Please give me your opinions
Apr 1, 2011 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sxperm

New Head-Fier
I am currently looking for a pair of bookshelf speaker to run with my headphone amplifier - Maverick A1.  My considering choices are KEF C-1 and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 since my amplifier is just a small one with 20w at 8 ohms and 40w at 4 ohms.

Which one do you think is better? :) Please give me your opinions. :)

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 5
The wharfedale's are very musical speakers clean and controled sounding, i havn't heard the KEF's.
You should also consider the Monitor Audio Bronze BX2  , very natural sounding great detail, soundstage and stereo imaging.
The alesis m1 mk2 passives are what i went for they have a massive sound stage and excellent stereo imaging better than any other bookshelfs or small speakers i've heard, there moniters so there netruel and accurate and very detailed with bass all the way down 45hz.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
The wharfedale's are very musical speakers clean and controled sounding, i havn't heard the KEF's.
You should also consider the Monitor Audio Bronze BX2  , very natural sounding great detail, soundstage and stereo imaging.
The alesis m1 mk2 passives are what i went for they have a massive sound stage and excellent stereo imaging better than any other bookshelfs or small speakers i've heard, there moniters so there netruel and accurate and very detailed with bass all the way down 45hz.

Thank you for your suggestion.  However they need at least 30w of amplifier to drive them out while Maverick A1 has only 20w at 8 ohms.  Is it still a good choice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back