Keep the ipod touch (SQ)
Sep 11, 2009 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Foxxy

New Head-Fier
Hi! I've just had the chance to get a brand new Ipod Touch 8GB from Apple Store for 50 bucks (the new version), however, I was thinking, why not go for the 16gb instead for another 50bucks (100$ total), it then stopped me that the sound quality isn't that great on these Iphone Touches, am I right?

I am using the Sennheiser IE8 but as an audiophile I want the best of the best. So either I do like this, I get the 8gb Ipod Touch, sell it for a way higher price than what I got it for and go for another Mp3-player as Sony or whatnot, or I go for the 16gb Ipod Touch and be happy about it?

What do you suggest?

Cheers

EDIT: Now it seems they removed the 16gb, burn. Then it has to be the 32gb instead for 100bucks extra compared to the 8GB.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 2
I have a Sansa Clip and 2G Touch. I was underwhelmed with my Westone 3s out of the Touch. Sounded fantastic out of the clip.

Then I bought an LOD an Ibasso D10. Now I only use the clip for working out or walking around. That amp and LOD really made the Touch shine IEMs and Grados.

So there you have it. Unamped the Touch is meh, not awful, kinda tinny and thin sounding. Amped, much better.

Plus it's fun for videos (that screen is a marvel of resolution) and you can actually surf pretty effectively. All in all, I would buy another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back