Keep pico slim or trade for p-51 mustang
Aug 3, 2011 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Freeze

500+ Head-Fier
The setup will be ipod video 5.5g 240GB + RWA Imod + ALO Imod cable + pico slim or p-52 + westone 3 LE and pro 900's.

Is the pico slim or the p-52 better for the task of driving both these headphone/iem?

I really like the way the pico slim looks but sq is still more important then looks.

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
The setup will be ipod video 5.5g 240GB + RWA Imod + ALO Imod cable + pico slim or p-52 + westone 3 LE and pro 900's.

Is the pico slim or the p-52 better for the task of driving both these headphone/iem?

I really like the way the pico slim looks but sq is still more important then looks.

I have both and while the pico slim is amazing for sensitive IEMs, I don't find them worthwhile for any pair of cans.  I really liked the P-51, the gain is nice and it does a decent job of driving even some of my AKGs.  If you were primarily going with an IEM and wanted the ability to really fine tune the volume, then keep the Pico Slim.

I personally found the P51 to be a bit more universal and find I'm not using an amp when I'm using IEMs these days so the pico slim has hardly gotten any use.  It'd probably be better if you got a chance to audition them at a meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back