Oct 5, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #32 of 55
Oct 5, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #34 of 55
Keces P8- Type 1 = 5V/7V + 9V/12V
Keces P8- Type 2 = 9V/12V + 12V/15V
Keces P8- Type 3 = 9V/12V + 18V/19V
Keces P8- Type 4 = 9V/12V + 20V/24V

There are 4 types of P8. Now it makes sense

Oct 5, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #35 of 55
@OCC7N the P8 is a nice little unit. I have two of them. one unit has been rock solid since I got it, with no voltage drift. the second one had a slight voltage drift in the early days and I had to adjust it manually two or three times (open lid, mini screwdriver to the rail pot adjustment) but has been good ever since.

Oct 5, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #36 of 55
@OCC7N the P8 is a nice little unit. I have two of them. one unit has been rock solid since I got it, with no voltage drift. the second one had a slight voltage drift in the early days and I had to adjust it manually two or three times (open lid, mini screwdriver to the rail pot adjustment) but has been good ever since.
I didn't know you can do that. I often see my display go back and forth between .03 and .04 with the streamer.

Oct 5, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #37 of 55
I didn't know you can do that. I often see my display go back and forth between .03 and .04 with the streamer.

small fluctuations are ok.
when it happened, i had mine set at 12v using the toggle switch, but the reading dropped progressively over a few hours to days and reached as low as 11v.
you can use a Torx key to open the top lid. towards the back of the unit there are 4 small blue adjustable pots (not sure if this is the right term) with small flat head screws.
2nd from the left is for the 1st output channel, 3rd from the left is the 2nd output channel. just use a small screwdriver to adjust the voltage up/down accordingly. got mine back to 12v and there are infrequent small 0.1v fluctuations which i'm not bothered about.

Oct 6, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #39 of 55
Think of the USB output as a sort of "extra". If you buy a P8, you purchase either "single" or "dual" configuration as far as the main output(s) go. But the USB is a bonus, not included in those numbers.

So my P8 with the single 12V output actually has two outputs if we count the USB. Yes, it's only 1A so can be somewhat limited, but I've still found plenty of ways to use it.

The Matrix X SPDIF II works great with it. The specs for that device recommend using 6V-9V at >800mA, but I confirmed with Matrix engineers that 5V is fine. And in practice I hear excellent results with it, certainly on par with using other quality PSUs I've tried running at 7V or 9V.

Another thing I often do is use the iFi Gemini3.0 USB cable which is a split design with separate connections for data and power on the source end. Plug one side into the P8 USB out, and the other to my streamer or laptop or whatever I'm using. That strips all potentially dirty power from the transport and injects clean juice from the P8 instead.

Feb 17, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #40 of 55
hi

just bought a (very slightly) used P8 *single*
something weird, though: it's a 12/15v unit and... I've never seen offered/mentioned anywhere this configuration :thinking:

just curious as it is working fine powering my Cirrus7 (Roon ROCK)

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #41 of 55
This is what I see on the website

Attachments

• 84ADDB4B-8671-4386-B90E-4A537F8C5377.png
    84ADDB4B-8671-4386-B90E-4A537F8C5377.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 3, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #44 of 55
Hi all - just want to add that my single zone 12v P8 voltage drifted up to 13v and wouldn’t work any more due to the over voltage protection. But thanks to Roasty’s tip above I got it working again. This was the only commentary on the entire internet that I could find about how to manually adjust the voltage. Very happy as it saved me 800 euros. Using mine to power the CPU socket on the motherboard of my music server. I have a second P8 at 20 volts but no drift on that one.

Jun 3, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #45 of 55
Hi all - just want to add that my single zone 12v P8 voltage drifted up to 13v and wouldn’t work any more due to the over voltage protection. But thanks to Roasty’s tip above I got it working again. This was the only commentary on the entire internet that I could find about how to manually adjust the voltage. Very happy as it saved me 800 euros. Using mine to power the CPU socket on the motherboard of my music server. I have a second P8 at 20 volts but no drift on that one.

Glad u found that post!
Hope it stays stable after that!
Mine fluctuates by 0.1v, and even that is a seldom occurrence. still one of my favourite LPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back