Keces P8 Linear Power Supply
Jun 3, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #46 of 55
Glad u found that post!
Hope it stays stable after that!
Mine fluctuates by 0.1v, and even that is a seldom occurrence. still one of my favourite LPS.
Thanks Roasty - yes will keep an eye out for further fluctuation. Funny enough I only found your post via a general Google search.

Nov 16, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #48 of 55
I nearly bought that 'Demo' P8. Decided to pay the extra for in-the-box. Probably no difference whatsoever, but the peace of mind was worth it for me.

First of all......kudos to Roasty for the pointers on adjusting the regulation!!! Many thanks. I have the 19V/12V P8....for powering a Roon Nucleus+. When my P8 first arrived, it was bang on 19V. However, as it burned in and logged several hundred-plus hours it drifted up to 19.5V

QUESTION:

At 19.5V...was it becoming a threat to my Nucleus+ ??

....sT

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #49 of 55
I nearly bought that 'Demo' P8. Decided to pay the extra for in-the-box. Probably no difference whatsoever, but the peace of mind was worth it for me.

First of all......kudos to Roasty for the pointers on adjusting the regulation!!! Many thanks. I have the 19V P8....for powering a Roon Nucleus+. When my P8 first arrived, it was bang on 19V. However, as it burned in and logged several hundred-plus hours it drifted up to 19.5V

QUESTION:

At 19.5V...was it becoming a threat to my Nucleus+ ??

....sT

glad u found that post too!
19.5v.. my dealer said threshold up to +/-1v shouldnt be an issue, but if you're OCD like me, then 19v on the dot is the way to go! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nov 16, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #50 of 55
glad u found that post too!
19.5v.. my dealer said threshold up to +/-1v shouldnt be an issue, but if you're OCD like me, then 19v on the dot is the way to go! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes....I'm afraid that I am the same way. There's the exact settings for something.....and there's everything else, which all collectively comes under the heading of "WRONG".

Both sections drifted the same half volt. It just ate at me every time I looked at it and saw "19.5V" and 12.5V" (not that I ever use the secondary section anyway)

....sT

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #51 of 55
I hate to bump an older thread, but I just got a used dual output P8. When I took it out of the box I heard some rattling. Took the top cover off and saw that inside was a small red - what looks like - 115/230V selector had broken loose. The problem is I can't tell where it goes. I'm pretty good with circuit board and electromechanical repair so I'd like to try and make a repair, but no photos that I've seen, or the manual, seems to show or say anything about this selector widget.

Dec 20, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #54 of 55
Arther, or anyone else, if your P8 is running at 115VAC, could you tell me if the underside switch is pushed toward the left side of the chassis, or toward the middle of the chassis? Thanks.

Dec 21, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #55 of 55
Here's a picture for you. :)

1000001086.jpg

Slid to the left side is 115 volts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back