Keces DA-151 users ,which laptop you are using?
Jul 4, 2008 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

alxwang

100+ Head-Fier
And when you are using it do you plug in the charger?

I am almost decide to buy Keces DA-151 but I got this information about it is possible the charger will cause some noise into Keces DA-151. I have MAC book pro and eee pc which is I am going to use with Keces DA-151 but I am not sure the charger/noise problem.

Any idea/experience? Thanks.

Jul 4, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Do you mean when you give power to it via its AC cord? The KECES-151 is pitch-black quiet, so no worries about it introducing any unwanted noise to the final projection of sound.

Only if your power lines are really dirty will you need to even remotely start worrying about such things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alxwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And when you are using it do you plug in the charger?

I am almost decide to buy Keces DA-151 but I got this information about it is possible the charger will cause some noise into Keces DA-151. I have MAC book pro and eee pc which is I am going to use with Keces DA-151 but I am not sure the charger/noise problem.

Any idea/experience? Thanks.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac
"If you run your laptop on battery, it will most likely work better
than PC, but if you hook up its noisy charger, then it can sometimes
perform worse, and sometimes the noisy charger can affect the
performance of the DAC via noises injected into the AC power line."

"There is one other way to do it, plug the charger into a different AC
outlet, as it provide a bit of resistance before the noises reach DAC,
and sometime if it is on different power circuit, it would actually be
more or less isolated from one another.

I have to mention that it does NOT happen with all notebooks, but some
notebook only."

Those are info which is bother me. It is come from Maniac who I think is the master of 151 - Thanks a lot Maniac !!!!

What I am think about is if my laptop won't work well with 151 so I should get 131+desktop instead.

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by alxwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are info which is bother me. It is come from Maniac who I think is the master of 151 - Thanks a lot Maniac !!!!

What I am think about is if my laptop won't work well with 151 so I should get 131+desktop instead.

No problems, if you draw power from a different set of power outlet than your notebook should be good enough to isolate the noises. Please note that the noise problem only happen with some notebook's charger, and not most of them.

thanks

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back