KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Jul 28, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #2,433 of 2,441
After some time sitting hidden in a watch display box, I took an older more controversial IEM out to give another hearing.
I'd bought from Amazon/Keep HiFi, an excellent copper cable, the 8 core, 2pin, KBear , Crystal-B, 7N OCC, Single crystal copper litz cable (a really good cable). So I took out the KBear Believe, pure Beryllium DD, which was controversial in it's claim that the DD is pure Beryllium. At it's price point that seemed to be a big claim and many just did not 'Believe' it. It never stayed on the market for very long before it was pulled, but many here on Headf-Fi bought it due to the 'pure Beryllium' claim. So I recently pulled it out and attached it to the excellent new cable. Fixed on a pair of Penon 15mm 'Orange' tips, which due to their 'squashabilty' and good friction, fit very well. As a source I used the HiBy R6 III. Wow....I was amazed. Bass was as well defined and impactful as my IMR IEMs. Width, thickness of note, speed, impact and decay, all perfect for my taste. Mids, Treble and detail very good. I still don't know if they ARE Japanese 'pure Beryllium', but what I do know is they now sound fantastic and leave a lot of big brands and hybrids trailing in their wake sound-wise. I was genuinely shocked to hear them again....so good. So guys if you have them, give them a cable upgrade, a good source, tip roll and be prepared to be surprised at how they stand up to modern hybrids and more expensive IEMs.

Jul 29, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #2,434 of 2,441
After some time sitting hidden in a watch display box, I took an older more controversial IEM out to give another hearing.
I'd bought from Amazon/Keep HiFi, an excellent copper cable, the 8 core, 2pin, KBear , Crystal-B, 7N OCC, Single crystal copper litz cable (a really good cable). So I took out the KBear Believe, pure Beryllium DD, which was controversial in it's claim that the DD is pure Beryllium. At it's price point that seemed to be a big claim and many just did not 'Believe' it. It never stayed on the market for very long before it was pulled, but many here on Headf-Fi bought it due to the 'pure Beryllium' claim. So I recently pulled it out and attached it to the excellent new cable. Fixed on a pair of Penon 15mm 'Orange' tips, which due to their 'squashabilty' and good friction, fit very well. As a source I used the HiBy R6 III. Wow....I was amazed. Bass was as well defined and impactful as my IMR IEMs. Width, thickness of note, speed, impact and decay, all perfect for my taste. Mids, Treble and detail very good. I still don't know if they ARE Japanese 'pure Beryllium', but what I do know is they now sound fantastic and leave a lot of big brands and hybrids trailing in their wake sound-wise. I was genuinely shocked to hear them again....so good. So guys if you have them, give them a cable upgrade, a good source, tip roll and be prepared to be surprised at how they stand up to modern hybrids and more expensive IEMs.
What was the original RRP for Believe? Need to know for gauging value of any used listings for heem!

Jul 29, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #2,435 of 2,441
What was the original RRP for Believe? Need to know for gauging value of any used listings for heem!
I notice that the original listing for the KBear Believe is still up on HiFiGo at £126.00, although they are not stocked and not produced any more, but the page remains. I think as an early adopter I got a small discount at the time from KBear. Of course for that price can it's driver be pure Beryllium.???? Nicely made with the same shell as the KBear Diamond.

1690617224201.png

Jul 29, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #2,436 of 2,441
Picked up the Little Q recently. Very happy. Sound wise they're competitive with the rest of the current field for the price and a good choice for on the go use which is what i bought them for. No driver flex or pressure issues, sit right inside my ears and isolation isn't bad either. I'd happily use them on flights and for sleeping etc.

Aug 24, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #2,438 of 2,441
Any news or graph of the KBEAR STREAMER?

Tempting to pick it

Hmm, best to wait for first adopter impressions/reviews.

KBEAR has been on a series of flops and mediocre releases in recent months - see Pecker, Storm, Qinglong, Xuan Wu, Ink 2. Even their sister company's TRI Star River was badly tuned with poor QC and fake tuning switches.

Aug 24, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #2,439 of 2,441
Hmm, best to wait for first adopter impressions/reviews.

KBEAR has been on a series of flops and mediocre releases in recent months - see Pecker, Storm, Qinglong, Xuan Wu, Ink 2. Even their sister company's TRI Star River was badly tuned with poor QC and fake tuning switches.
I've you look back on this post, you can find me saying the exactly same thing.

I usually love KBEAR/TRI. Still having on my collection some masterpieces like Starlight, Diamond or Believe.

But latest release (last one probably was the Aurora) tends to be so much agressive on uppermids-treble.

Oct 9, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #2,440 of 2,441
Anyone heard the KB01? Have seen a fr graph but no reviews on headfi

Dec 3, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #2,441 of 2,441
Anyone by chance know what the damper value on the back of the driver of the Little Q is? Mine had their cable go stiff which eventually broke the connections and i accidently melted the damper while i was resoldering them.

Imagine this has happed to all Little Q's, which is a shame as they're probably my favourite budget bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back