KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Sep 18, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #2,086 of 2,441
For Indonesian Chinese inherited people, we do celebrate some big Chinese traditions/celebration. Such as the Chinese New Year. But only occasional on the smaller one. So there's no break tradition for mid-autmun. (Maybe because being located right in the equator, there are no 4 seasons in Indonesia. There are only Rainy and Dry/Summer here.)

There's some shops though sell mooncakes, but this is usually only for family to family gift. Or if I really want, I bought myself one for my family to eat it ourself. But, there are so many other good foods in Indonesia along the year... It's a food heaven here. :slight_smile:
There are some Festivals we can take a three-day break, just like "清明“,”端午“,”中秋“.

Sep 18, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #2,087 of 2,441
For Indonesian Chinese inherited people, we do celebrate some big Chinese traditions/celebration. Such as the Chinese New Year. But only occasional on the smaller one. So there's no break tradition for mid-autmun. (Maybe because being located right in the equator, there are no 4 seasons in Indonesia. There are only Rainy and Dry/Summer here.)

There's some shops though sell mooncakes, but this is usually only for family to family gift. Or if I really want, I bought myself one for my family to eat it ourself. But, there are so many other good foods in Indonesia along the year... It's a food heaven here. :slight_smile:
Same here. I am a Singaporean Chinese but living now in Ho Chi Minh City for the last 16 years. The difference is that Vietnamese do celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival and they have mooncakes here too. But it taste different. No holiday though!! Enjoy yourself Wendy!!

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #2,088 of 2,441
There are some Festivals we can take a three-day break, just like "清明“,”端午“,”中秋“.
ha, ha... I could not read them... I need to use Google translate: "Ching Ming", "Dragon Boat Festival", "Mid-Autumn Festival".

Ching Ming is still celebrated by Indonesia Chinese... not Dragon Boat :)

Regarding mid-autumn... though I don't celebrate, I got a surprise this evening... my colleague partner sent me moon cake :relaxed: so I could enjoy it also this year...

Sep 21, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #2,090 of 2,441
Sep 21, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #2,092 of 2,441
ha, ha... I could not read them... I need to use Google translate: "Ching Ming", "Dragon Boat Festival", "Mid-Autumn Festival".

Ching Ming is still celebrated by Indonesia Chinese... not Dragon Boat :)

Regarding mid-autumn... though I don't celebrate, I got a surprise this evening... my colleague partner sent me moon cake :relaxed: so I could enjoy it also this year...
Ching Ming should be celebrated, it is to commemorate our ancestors.

How about your moon cake? I enjoyed mine.:beerchug:

Sep 22, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #2,093 of 2,441
Ching Ming should be celebrated, it is to commemorate our ancestors.

How about your moon cake? I enjoyed mine.:beerchug:
Very nice... they came in 6 flavors, just eat one with black bean paste (dòusha). I always love to eat sweet cakes :smile:

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #2,094 of 2,441
Before the Mid-Autumn Festival, I said I would like to hold a lucky draw only in Head-Fi. I know everyone has been waiting for a long time. Now here is it. There should be a jackpot in the lucky draw, coincidentally the CanJam SoCal 2021 is coming soon. We wish the exhibition to go smoothly and successfully.

I will open a new post to write out the requirements and prizes of the lucky draw. I hope everyone will actively participate. What if you happen to have good luck this time?

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #2,095 of 2,441
Rules: Reply to this post with Arabic numerals in turn, just like 1,2,3,4,5. and we will use the numbers as the lottery serial number. Everyone can participate.

Requirement: Please don’t participate repeatedly. Once we find that someone has repeated the operation, we will immediately cancel the lottery qualification.
Please reply your number in turn, or others will not know whether the number is available or not.

Prize: Lark*2.

DSC_5760.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #2,096 of 2,441
Rules: Reply to this post with Arabic numerals in turn, and we will use the numbers as the lottery serial number. Everyone can participate.

Requirement: Please don’t participate repeatedly. Once we find that someone has repeated the operation, we will immediately cancel the lottery qualification.

@WendyLi --> 1

Please let me know if it's supposed to be started from 1 :)

Edit: fixed to 1 after input from @WendyLi :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #2,097 of 2,441
Rules: Reply to this post with Arabic numerals in turn, and we will use the numbers as the lottery serial number. Everyone can participate.

DSC_5760.jpg

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #2,098 of 2,441
haha, going well so far!

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #2,099 of 2,441

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #2,100 of 2,441

DSC_5760.jpg
8 (try my luck)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back