KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Jan 31, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #1,336 of 2,441
That particular issue hasn't cropped up again (I hope that one was just the cable), however the condensation issue on the filters is definitely a thing. I've found myself having to blow into the nozzles a few times a day to get them both to sound even.

I just started experiencing this same issue, last night. I've been using the Believe for around 5+ hours a day since I got them this past Monday. I had no issues with sound/volume changes till last night, and only after using them for about 2 hours straight. (Left channel only.) I tried wiping off the white filter and noticed it was damp. This also made the sound worse. (To be clear, it is mostly the volume that is changing/reducing.) I then blew on the filter and wiped it again, and that seemed to do the trick. Then, when I used the Believe this morning, I only used it for about 20 minutes and the issue returned. I'm afraid, due to the filter, moisture may be building up inside the iem and the filter is preventing it from fully drying out. Does that sound like a possibility to anyone? And to be clear, when I'm not using the iem, I leave them out in the open to air out. I almost never place them into their case.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #1,338 of 2,441
Hi. Could you do me a favor ? Disconnect the cable from your Believe at the left earpiece, then connect the 3.5 cable to your LG G8X with the Quad Dac activated and check that the Quad Dac is in Auxiliary mode. Finally plug in the left earpiece and tell me how the Believe sounds.
Did try it it sounds nearly same as btr5 and yup I did this whole testing too 😅 , sorry didn't check the notifications 🤣 so late reply 😅

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #1,340 of 2,441
I just started experiencing this same issue, last night. I've been using the Believe for around 5+ hours a day since I got them this past Monday. I had no issues with sound/volume changes till last night, and only after using them for about 2 hours straight. (Left channel only.) I tried wiping off the white filter and noticed it was damp. This also made the sound worse. (To be clear, it is mostly the volume that is changing/reducing.) I then blew on the filter and wiped it again, and that seemed to do the trick. Then, when I used the Believe this morning, I only used it for about 20 minutes and the issue returned. I'm afraid, due to the filter, moisture may be building up inside the iem and the filter is preventing it from fully drying out. Does that sound like a possibility to anyone? And to be clear, when I'm not using the iem, I leave them out in the open to air out. I almost never place them into their case.
This sounds a lot like what some people (myself included) have been experiencing with certain nozzles on the LZ A6. Moisture was depositing on the filter screen, reducing its permeability to soundwaves, which made it seem like one side or the other suddenly went really quiet. Blowing air through the nozzle cleared the issue, but it would return eventually.

In my case, the problem usually happened after 2 hours from starting to use the A6. Switching from silicone to foam eartips extended this period to 5 hours but it still happened from time to time during long listening sessions. You could try checking if the issue with the Believe will be reduced with foam tips. Otherwise, you could put them into an airtight container with a baggie of silica desiccant when not in use so the moisture deposits are absorbed (hopefully).

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #1,341 of 2,441
Hello all!
I need your help. I received my Believe a few days ago and so far I have put some 20h on them and the thing is that they sound awful! Voices are so recessed and thin, treble is out of control, extremely loud and with no definition at all. The feeling is like when a tip doesn't fit you well and highs scream and voices are quite. I have tried all the tips included and a couple foam that I have from other iem. I'm a bit puzzle and wondering if I have a faulty unit or if more burn-in is necessary. Have any of you experience something like this? As an example listening to "Drone Bomb Me" by Anohni from the minute 1:15 in my Tin T2, Audio Technica AD700X or Hifi-man HE 350 I can hear a dry clap but in the Believe I just hear a very loud, almost painful high noise with no texture at all, I can't identify it as a clap. In "Like This" by Park Hye Jin in the minute 3:00 I can hear a rythmical treble that goes with the voice. Sutil and smooth in my KRK Rokit, same in my headphones, almost indistinguible in my T2 but in the Believe it is extremely loud and high that it covers the voice. I can't even listen to Kavinsky "Blizzard" treble hurts my ears so much. I have never experienced this before. So far I have try with a Fiio X3 as a source and Flac files and with my phone using Tidal UAPP through a Ifi Hip DAC and Sabaj DA2 with bad results. If I press the iem towards the ear sound improves a bit but still far from what I expect. Strangely bass remains good all the time. Is there a special way to fit them? Any idea? Are they faulty? Could you please advice Wendy? I really look forward get the most from the Believe, everything that I read is extraordinary, tube amp like sound, organic etc. Thanks for everything!

Feb 1, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #1,342 of 2,441
Hello all!
I need your help. I received my Believe a few days ago and so far I have put some 20h on them and the thing is that they sound awful! Voices are so recessed and thin, treble is out of control, extremely loud and with no definition at all. The feeling is like when a tip doesn't fit you well and highs scream and voices are quite. I have tried all the tips included and a couple foam that I have from other iem. I'm a bit puzzle and wondering if I have a faulty unit or if more burn-in is necessary. Have any of you experience something like this? As an example listening to "Drone Bomb Me" by Anohni from the minute 1:15 in my Tin T2, Audio Technica AD700X or Hifi-man HE 350 I can hear a dry clap but in the Believe I just hear a very loud, almost painful high noise with no texture at all, I can't identify it as a clap. In "Like This" by Park Hye Jin in the minute 3:00 I can hear a rythmical treble that goes with the voice. Sutil and smooth in my KRK Rokit, same in my headphones, almost indistinguible in my T2 but in the Believe it is extremely loud and high that it covers the voice. I can't even listen to Kavinsky "Blizzard" treble hurts my ears so much. I have never experienced this before. So far I have try with a Fiio X3 as a source and Flac files and with my phone using Tidal UAPP through a Ifi Hip DAC and Sabaj DA2 with bad results. If I press the iem towards the ear sound improves a bit but still far from what I expect. Strangely bass remains good all the time. Is there a special way to fit them? Any idea? Are they faulty? Could you please advice Wendy? I really look forward get the most from the Believe, everything that I read is extraordinary, tube amp like sound, organic etc. Thanks for everything!

What are you driving them with?

The more powerful the source, the better.

Feb 1, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #1,343 of 2,441
Hello all!

Maybe u can check if your IEM is out of phase, check out this link:

Otherwise, other possibilities could be a poor ear tip fit or an insufficiently powerful source.

Feb 1, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #1,345 of 2,441
Maybe u can check if your IEM is out of phase, check out this link:

Otherwise, other possibilities could be a poor ear tip fit or an insufficiently powerful source.

Thanks I'll check polarity. Regarding power I think IFI Hip DAC and FIIO X3 should be sufficient? When I place the iem the fit seems ok, it isolates very well, seats deep and it is not moving. This is really strange... Thanks !

Feb 1, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,346 of 2,441
Hello, I'm using Ifi Hip DAC, Fiio X3 and Sabaj DA2. I think both Fiio and IFI should have enough juice?

I have no experience with any of those.

But I can say from my own gear, I noticed a definite difference between my xduoo X3, ES100 in balanced mode, and especially the FiiO A5.

Feb 1, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #1,347 of 2,441
I can verify that even going balanced/unbalanced with the ES100 and BTR5 on these seems to make a difference, and I suspect it's because the balanced output has a lot more power to it.

I swear the Believe is the most temperamental headphone ever lol. I'm pretty sure if I called it a mean name it would sound different.

Feb 1, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #1,348 of 2,441
How to manage your plants demon style 2.gif

No reason why this approach shouldn't work on earphones

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #1,349 of 2,441
Thanks I'll check polarity. Regarding power I think IFI Hip DAC and FIIO X3 should be sufficient? When I place the iem the fit seems ok, it isolates very well, seats deep and it is not moving. This is really strange... Thanks !
I run the KBear from the iFi hip-dac too. It has more than enough power to run them, especially 4.4mm. They sound really good through the iFi hip-dac Sounds like you have a QC problem.

Feb 1, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #1,350 of 2,441
I run the KBear from the iFi hip-dac too. It has more than enough power to run them, especially 4.4mm. They sound really good through the iFi hip-dac Sounds like you have a QC problem.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll give them one more day of burn-in and if it doesn't improve I'll get in touch with Kbear. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back