KB EAR Audio impressions thread
May 11, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #166 of 2,441
I'll throw in a couple data points:
Bought an F1 from Aliexpress on Sep 12, 2019 ==> TENHZ 29898
Bought another F1 from Amazon on Feb 29, 2020 ==> Bellsing 32257
If more people can post when and where they bought their F1 and what driver they got, maybe we can figure out a pattern.

Bellsing version is the best one, so you got lucky!

May 14, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #168 of 2,441
Guys, I've received my new KB04 recently. I know this may seem obvious but I just want to ask which is the correct fitting of the tip, the left or right?
I've seen photos where they are installed like the one on the right. I am curious since to my ears, they affect the bass by a lot. Thanks so much.

B8A441E6-988B-4259-85A5-64ACB0357B3D.jpeg

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #169 of 2,441
Guys, I've received my new KB04 recently. I know this may seem obvious but I just want to ask which is the correct fitting of the tip, the left or right?
I've seen photos where they are installed like the one on the right. I am curious since to my ears, they affect the bass by a lot. Thanks so much.

B8A441E6-988B-4259-85A5-64ACB0357B3D.jpeg

tbh whichever sounds better to you is the correct fit :) with that said, i usually put tips on like the left, so they wont slip off

Jun 19, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #173 of 2,441
Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 19, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #174 of 2,441
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #177 of 2,441
My KS2 arrived today and only took around 6 days to arrive which is amazing considering the times.

IMG_20200622_133017.jpg

IMG_20200622_133026.jpg

IMG_20200622_133207.jpg

Only briefly tried it so far but seems to have a V shaped sound. Further testing will be done.
Wow that was fast! DHL shipping? It looks pretty compact and with the V-shaped sound it might be a good beater set.

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #179 of 2,441
Just received my KBEAR KS2 today too. Standard shipping.

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-22 at 22.55.50.jpeg

My wife saw it in the mail and she commented: "this looks like a toy, it looks very cheap." I didn't have high hopes until I connected it to my smartphone and I was pleasantly surprised by the sound!
The build is indeed plasticky and feels cheap, but don't judge a book by its cover, this set's sound quality is pretty good, considering the asking price of $20 - 30 USD. It looks for all intents and purposes like a cheap KZ, but the sound is pretty refined and a far cry from the typical KZ.

Build wise, it is quite comfortable, light, well fitting, above average isolation.

Accessories are pretty meh, a thin stock cable without chin clinch and some silicone tips, but nothing to fault at the asking price (in comparison, the TRN VX which cost $70 came with almost the same type of accessories LOL).

The KS2 sports a warm V shaped very well done, the upper mids/lower treble are boosted but not fatiguing like other CHIFI sawtooth upper mids. Subbass extends moderately well for a DD set, with good rumble and decay typical of DD sets. Bass is north of neutral but not at basshead levels. Bass is not particularly well textured.

Lower mids are recessed as typical of the V shaped tuning but not overly so. Treble is non fatiguing but extends moderately well, I like it, though maybe trebleheads wouldn't.

Technicalities are good for the price, with a wide soundstage, good imaging and details. Though for complex tracks sometimes the driver can't keep up in terms of speed, but nothing to fault for the price once again.

String timbre is okay considering it is a hybrid, but woodwinds and brass instruments sound like artificial toys sometimes.

All in all, a good all rounder for the price, I think it can suit most genres except maybe classical and jazz due to the timbre for acoustic instruments. This set would have cost way more if it was marketed under a western brand, I'm pleasantly surprised with it.

Will burn in more and compare it with other hybrids, but I think at this price bracket, the main competitor in terms of similar transducer type and graphs would be KBEAR's own KBEAR KB04 (yes it is very ironic that KBEAR would compete with itself in the same price bracket!).

EDIT:
Ok after spending a week with the KBEAR KS2, I'm afraid some flaws have come to the fore: basically the poor timbre and the overly V shaped tuning. It is okay in my book, but I think with the mega competition being released on a weekly basis, the KS2 might be forgotten in a few weeks' time. Final review here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kbear-ks2.24470/reviews#item-review-23922

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #180 of 2,441
A bit late to the party but I am trying out the Kbear Diamond as I had them sent to my work address but could not collect them for obvious reasons.

Really nice presentation and packaging but mine are out of phase which is a shame. If mine are out of phase then wonder how many others out there are the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back