KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Jun 21, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #1,771 of 2,441
What is your favorite color for earphones? :ksc75smile:

colors.jpg
Purple, but it is my favorite color for everything. I do really love the swirled resin shell from the Starsea and Starshine, because it maintains the main shell color theme, but you get some variety through the other colors swirled in. The pearl luster dust mixed in really makes them attractive.

Jun 21, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #1,772 of 2,441
Actually for myself personally, colour and appearance of the IEM don't matter. Sound is of first priority to me, after all, once the IEM is inside the ear, I can't see it, but I can definitely hear it. I rather take a crap looking IEM with heavenly sound than the other way round.

But of course, YMMV, some folks prioritize looks over sound, so different strokes for different folks.

But this is speaking from personal experience, it is much easier to conceal generic looking/coloured IEMs from the wife. Eg silver or black looks the same to her. But something weird or garishly coloured (eg hospital green colour of the BLON BL-05s), ah, that is like a big target board sign and is asking for trouble!!!
Gunmetal grey or polished alloy, with dark red accents.

Jun 21, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #1,773 of 2,441
Gunmetal grey or polished alloy, with dark red accents.
All else fails, understated is the better route to take than overly experimental. At the very least, it will be unlikely to prevent people from buying your product like what Senf*r keeps doing with their stuff. Even if they do sound good and offer great bang/buck, I'm not going to buy something with a garish design that I'll have to endure every time I pick them up. Generally, KBEar and TRI have done a good job of staying on the more tasteful side with their designs, particularly with the Starlight, Starsea, and i3, in my opinion. The Starshine look nice as well, but I miss the sparkle from the large amounts of pearl luster dust from the resin swirls on the Starsea. I'd love to see them make the i3 Pro in a satin finish gray, maybe with the logo chromed out, or in a black chrome finish, if they decide to include one at all. A V-cut logo filled flush with resin would also look cool.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #1,774 of 2,441
Let your earphones show themselves! You may need this cable! Is it what you want?

link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_allProduct.8148356.2.41545a2b3MEjzi

#audio #headphones #earphones #hifi #chifi #cable #upgrade #show #Showtime #kbear #SliverPlated #OFCUpgradeCable

KBEAR Show.png

Jun 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #1,775 of 2,441
Jun 23, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #1,776 of 2,441
Last post is an error and I can't delete it please ignore.

Jun 24, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #1,778 of 2,441
Jun 27, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #1,781 of 2,441
I have always found the Believe to be very tip sensitive. Even though 15 different tips were supplied, I eventually found the best ones for me. I tried Spiral Dots, Spinfits, hybrid foam/silicone and many others, but the medium KZ Starlines work beautifully. Fed from my Xduoo X20 and Fiio A5 via line out they sound magnificent. Let's hope their successor, the Aurora or maybe a Believe 2 sounds as good!

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #1,783 of 2,441
Have you ever seen the Aurora? Wanna hear your story! :ksc75smile:

#kbear #aurora #wonder #iems #scenery #headphones #hifi #earphones #audio

KBEAR Aurora.jpg
Back in March 1988 I was looking out of my kitchen window and the Northern sky was getting lighter instead of darker. I went out into the garden and looked up and there were bright red and green patches of light. I called my wife to see it and for the next few hours we were treated to an unforgettable light show. There were flame-like tongues of white flickering and veils of red and green. We are quite far south on the south coast of England so an Aurora display is very rare here. It will live in my memory for ever!

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #1,784 of 2,441
Back in March 1988 I was looking out of my kitchen window and the Northern sky was getting lighter instead of darker. I went out into the garden and looked up and there were bright red and green patches of light. I called my wife to see it and for the next few hours we were treated to an unforgettable light show. There were flame-like tongues of white flickering and veils of red and green. We are quite far south on the south coast of England so an Aurora display is very rare here. It will live in my memory for ever!
That must be memorable!! :sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back