Kanye West new album pretty cool
Sep 12, 2007 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

luidge

1000+ Head-Fier
Well i cop this yesterday and i can tell i am pretty happy i did. Even though it feel and sound like a lot of LP released these days Timbo, Justin T., Common and such, i find it pretty dope. The mix are on par with great hip-hop album i heard in quite a while. Kanye still as juvenile and didn't upgrade his lyrics a bit, but still all song got his little something interesting. I now hope that he sell more LP than Curtis.

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 17
idk, I just couldn't get into it. I liked "Champion" though because of the Steely Dan parts.
tongue.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 17
I really love that man voice! (Steely Dan) i didn't knew him, i know my mother have lot of cassette from him. I think i will be looking for some of his albums.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 17
Also i will be beting a 20$ that the next single will be Flashing lights! This song is timberlandesque and is a club hopping anthem for the year to come.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 17
I pre-ordered the album on iTunes, and while there's a lot I like about it ("Homecoming," "Good Life," "Big Brother" and the singles are all highlights for me), I'm not feeling the album as a whole. I think that Jon Brion brought a much needed depth with the last album and I thought that perhaps he'd build on that effort. Instead, in making such a stripped-down album he was more fatiguing than usual. I wrote a review on my website if anyone's interested, but that more or less sums up my feelings on the album.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #6 of 17
I really am a fan of Kanye. His lyrics are kind of mediocre but his beats are really nice and to me are better than some of the stuff that is out there, there is at least a nice hint of musicianship in his beats. Will look forward to hearing it.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by luidge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really love that man voice! (Steely Dan) i didn't knew him, i know my mother have lot of cassette from him. I think i will be looking for some of his albums.

The main singer from steely dan is Donald Fagen. If you want to start listening to steely dan i suggest the Aja album.

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by luidge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kanye still as juvenile and didn't upgrade his lyrics a bit, but still all song got his little something interesting. I now hope that he sell more LP than Curtis.

I think that Kanye's lyrics are more mature than say Curtis', (except for one or two) he doesn't rap about his money or his girls every song blah blah blah like a lot of mainstream rap seems to be today, I would consider a song like candy shop more juvenile than many of Kanye's songs. (except drunk and hot girls, what the hell is the point of that song?) Champion is awesome though, that and homecoming are my favorites, a piano in a rap song is just awesome.

This is what I don't like from Kanye.

My other problem is this, (stolen from a digger)

It's always pissed me off on how rappers rap about how poor they were and how life sucked when they were younger, but they never give back to prevent this for others. If I can quote Rich Boy, "nothing stops traffic like a two million dolla chain." Why would someone need a two million dollar chain? Couldn't he have donated the 2 mill to charity, poor neighbor hoods, a music program? Nope.

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncletank88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The main singer from steely dan is Donald Fagen. If you want to start listening to steely dan i suggest the Aja album.

x2, I love love love that album.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoldsoccer4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that Kanye's lyrics are more mature than say Curtis', (except for one or two) he doesn't rap about his money or his girls every song

Well i feel you when you say that Kanye's best than 50 for lyrics...but then again he spit about girls and him having money each verse man! Always talking about him feeling fresh in his louis vuiton and how he love his blingueeeee! hahaha but still it is bringed up with much more soul than 50 could ever spit so he won in my book for sure. Ill try to find that Aja album my friend, thank you.

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoldsoccer4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what I don't like from Kanye.

Why would anyone be so upset about not winning an MTV award, especially considering how irrelevant MTV is these days? It also shows his true nature about what is important to him. He is more worried about winning a popularity contest than being taken seriously as a musical arist. If his music really mattered to him he wouldn't be concerned with trivial things like MTV awards.

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #12 of 17
Flashing Lights is fantastic, I'm not even a fan of the genre but even I can listen to that song
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #13 of 17
Yes this track is dope, really well worked samples, i hope that club hangers will love this one. So maybe we can get some good music when we go clubbin'
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would anyone be so upset about not winning an MTV award, especially considering how irrelevant MTV is these days? It also shows his true nature about what is important to him. He is more worried about winning a popularity contest than being taken seriously as a musical arist. If his music really mattered to him he wouldn't be concerned with trivial things like MTV awards.

I'm really indifferent about the situation. In ways its sad how terribly childish he can act, however, its really nice to know that he puts so much of himself and effort into his work that he's willing to go nuts over something as trivial as an MTV music award.

A for effort i guess.

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #15 of 17
I got it on Tuesday, and i cant stop listening to it.

My favorite line is from Big Brother

"if you admire somebody go ahead and tell them/people can never get the flowers while they can smell them"

Favorite quote in the whole song!

WOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back