Kansas City, MO/KS meet anyone?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #106 of 179
Even if its in April or sooner. Yeah we could have to find a place, until someone locally wants to host it.
Never been to one and would be exciting to see all the different headphones, amps and other things. Also get pointers and stuff.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #108 of 179
Quote:
some audio store support this kind of meeting would be awesome.

Man, that's a great idea!! I oughta see if Soundfx would welcome a few folk to have a meet or something there!! They have various stereo rigs set up, Maggies (Magnepan speakers, awesome stuff), etc., sweet!

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #110 of 179
Yeah, that was me, the office room is off the table at this point since the office is up for sub-lease. Still would love to have a meet somewhere here!

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #111 of 179
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time caller.

What if we all chipped in and did something like this?

http://www.kclibrary.org/space/meeting-rooms

I assume it would be the "Nonprofit without certification" pricing.  Just a thought.  I think it would be more convenient than invading someone's home.  Unless they have a 10K square foot pad in Loch Lloyd or something.

Vinyl Renaissance might be another option.  I've been to a couple of their after hours turntable clinics.  Plus he's got a decent amount of equipment, listening rooms, etc.

Mar 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #112 of 179
Quote:
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time caller.

What if we all chipped in and did something like this?

http://www.kclibrary.org/space/meeting-rooms

I assume it would be the "Nonprofit without certification" pricing.  Just a thought.  I think it would be more convenient than invading someone's home.  Unless they have a 10K square foot pad in Loch Lloyd or something.

Vinyl Renaissance might be another option.  I've been to a couple of their after hours turntable clinics.  Plus he's got a decent amount of equipment, listening rooms, etc.

Yeah that sounds good, but Vinyl Renaissance's business is a bit sketchy. I know Dan, he's a nice dude. But they still want $75 for a microscope exam of a $20 tip (and they don't seem to advertise their seasonly free clinics until they're already over). I heard from SoundFX owner that they/he (Vinyl Ren/Dan) lied to Rega to be able to sell their turntables and steal exclusitivity from SoundFX. SoundFX cleared it all up and VinylRen was exposed. Wow...
I'm fine with the 39th store. Erik (owner/manager of that store) is awesome and cool, the kind of buddy-record store guy vs. business man Dan (hehe)
/endrant

Still, I think that's a good idea. Maybe even the 39th store would have more room.

Mar 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #113 of 179
If we could do it on a weekend I should be down for it all day. Preferably Saturday but Sunday wouldn't be a deal breaker.

I'm probably gonna sell my 650s, but I'll keep them for the meet (now that I remember it!). If someone wants to buy them for $325 (or best offer) there at the meet, be my guest..just a couple scratches/paint chips and slight grill damage (easier to explain in person); only cosmetic. All the original equipment from purchase except warranty (don't know if it has one or not) since I bought refurb.

I got some JVC HA-S500s that have GREAT bass, and I'm a bit of a basshead, so enjoyability exceeds my 650s at the moment. That added to the fact I'm in some decent debt would be the reason I'm selling. I think something similar with more bass (HE-400) would be a better fit for me anyway after hearing what I really like SS-wise with the S500s. They sound pretty good for $60 cans out of my Audio-gd Compass :)

Hope this works out!! (sorry for the advertisement, just making people aware)

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #114 of 179
Sounds good to me either way.

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #115 of 179
Quote:
Yeah that sounds good, but Vinyl Renaissance's business is a bit sketchy. I know Dan, he's a nice dude. But they still want $75 for a microscope exam of a $20 tip (and they don't seem to advertise their seasonly free clinics until they're already over). I heard from SoundFX owner that they/he (Vinyl Ren/Dan) lied to Rega to be able to sell their turntables and steal exclusitivity from SoundFX. SoundFX cleared it all up and VinylRen was exposed. Wow...
I'm fine with the 39th store. Erik (owner/manager of that store) is awesome and cool, the kind of buddy-record store guy vs. business man Dan (hehe)
/endrant

Still, I think that's a good idea. Maybe even the 39th store would have more room.

Interesting.  Well that explains the not-so-kind words he had for Rega's "build quality" when I inquired about how Rega compares to the Music Hall stuff he sells.

If you friend them on Facebook, then you'll get the TT clinic invites.  I never got them through the mailing list.  They'll do the microscope exam, tonearm balance and cartridge alignment for free.  They did my former Denon for free before I bought all the stuff to do it myself.

Forgot to mention...  They are in the process of moving their Shawnee store.  Maybe at some point after they settle in to their new location he could host something.

I need to check out SoundFX.  I've never heard of them until now.

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #116 of 179
Quote:

Interesting.  Well that explains the not-so-kind words he had for Rega's "build quality" when I inquired about how Rega compares to the Music Hall stuff he sells.

If you friend them on Facebook, then you'll get the TT clinic invites.  I never got them through the mailing list.  They'll do the microscope exam, tonearm balance and cartridge alignment for free.  They did my former Denon for free before I bought all the stuff to do it myself.

Forgot to mention...  They are in the process of moving their Shawnee store.  Maybe at some point after they settle in to their new location he could host something.

I need to check out SoundFX.  I've never heard of them until now.

Yeah, SoundFX is pretty cool. He's got a set of Maggies set up when you walk in and then a theatre room. If you're gonna buy speakers I think he'll (the owner) will set them up for you and/or let you do an in home trial for a week.
I did friend them but I don't get the invites (well I haven't that I've noticed). They examined my TT and I had them fix it up a while back.
They're moving? Hmm..interesting.
On the Rega: yeah I bet 
size]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back