Kansas City, MO/KS meet anyone?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #91 of 179
I have an office with a fairly large conference room, might work well for this venue. We just need a few more folks.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #92 of 179
Quote:
Man dude I'd love to hear some HE-400s and Mad Dogs! D5ks wouldn't hurt either. Maybe we can figure something out :D

Yea I am shipping off my he400s today as they are the recalled pair. I thought they sounded sexy, although I did hear the spikes, so I cant wait to hear them when they get back. Classes are keeping me very busy so maybe during winter break or something. ^_^ I am burning in the mad dogs right now and am pretty impressed.

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #95 of 179
Quote:
I used to host yearly meets in Lawrence from 2004-2009.  I kind of went underground with the HeadFi stuff, partly because I do not like the new site format that came out a while back.  This is my first post in a long time.

Anyhow, I might be able to host a small gathering at my house in Lawrence.  I have a cat so allergies may be a problem for some. 

Let me know if anyone is interested.

I'm in Lawrence. but two problems.
1)  I'm a cat allergy.
2) I'm in the Church all day.

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #96 of 179
I'm still game too. That conference room sounds like a good idea, with his cat allergy. I love cats myself though! :)

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #97 of 179
Ok. Sounds like we have quite a few folks , enough for an interesting meet. How about an November meet? Any Sat or Sun. Preferences as to date?

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #98 of 179
Quote:
Ok. Sounds like we have quite a few folks , enough for an interesting meet. How about an November meet? Any Sat or Sun. Preferences as to date?

I'd prefer Saturday but if we have to do Sunday I'm willing to make it happen (I'm in high school and like leaving Sundays open to do any schoolwork I might have, as I'm so worn out I can hardly work on Sat. or Fri.)

Oct 21, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #100 of 179
Quote:
I prefer Saturday as well. November sounds good. The 3rd? Does that work for everyone? Early afternoon?

Nope, busy that Fri. and Sat. for a competition. Either that Sun. which I'd prefer not just in case like I said, or some other time. Sorry :/
But if the majority of people can do it I don't wanna ruin your fun :)

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #101 of 179
Did anything even happen here?  I know there was a meet years ago at a boutique stereo shop downtown, but I couldn't go.  I noticed the shop moved to river market.  I wonder if he'd be interested in hosting something again.

I've collected a fair list of gear myself (profile), but there are still a number of things I'd like to see in person and geeking out is fun sometimes.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #104 of 179
soooo, I'm in KC too. Just got my first set of audiophile headphones. Would be awesome to have a meet sometime. I know I only have one pair but just be awesome to see what people have and the different sounds since there really isn't to many audio shops in KC (at least that I could find).

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #105 of 179
Quote:
soooo, I'm in KC too. Just got my first set of audiophile headphones. Would be awesome to have a meet sometime. I know I only have one pair but just be awesome to see what people have and the different sounds since there really isn't to many audio shops in KC (at least that I could find).

http://www.soundfxkc.com/
vinylren.com

But yeah a meet would be awesome someday, hence the thread lol. There was someone with an office conference room or something as a possibility...I still like that. Just need to find a time. I'm busy until like April, maybe safer to say this summer. Darn. I'm on my First Robotics team, so that consumes most of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back