Kansas City, MO/KS meet anyone?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #138 of 179
IT TIME TO SHOW WHAT KANSAN IS MADE OUT OF!!!!

of course,  meat!

biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #139 of 179
COME on KANSAS!!   WE WANT TO MEET YOU!!!

What gear you got!!!  We would like to KNOW YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS MEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KANSAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #141 of 179
Sat Sept 13th? I'll try to make it. I got rid of all my headphone gear and went speaker though about a year ago. I'm gonna go back into it (moving from a house into an apartment), and I've still got my PS Audio DLIII DAC, does that qualify me? :wink:

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #143 of 179
Update on our Headfi meeting in Lawrence Kansas.

I went down to see meeting room in Library.  I think for our first time meeting, this room is excellent.  this room can have about 10 - 15 people.
The time, we'll start 10am (SHARP) last until 2 or 3pm....

I would like to know your opinion..

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #145 of 179
  I'm think ask local audio shop's to join our meeting.  the shop is call "Kief audio shop"

Any idea what's going on with Kief's lately?  It seems like over the past year or so it's been on the decline.  Last time I was in, which was about 2 months ago, almost all of their vinyl was gone (and I think most of the CDs), half of the demo rooms were empty, most of the displays/shelves looked like a black Friday aftermath and the outside of the building wasn't looking too good either.  There was only one guy out front, who was on the phone the entire time I was there, so I didn't get a chance to ask.

Aug 14, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #147 of 179
Meeting is NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Headfi Meeting in Lawrence Kansas!

When: 9/13/14  10am – 3pm

Where:
Lawrence Public Library. (meeting room A)
707 Vermont St, Lawrence, KS 66044

Parking.
Public Parking next to Library. (2 hrs free)

Registration.
There are none.  Just show up and enjoy the company.

The rules.
Some rules for headifer’s gears.  I got this from the other meeting, but it’s very important for those of you whose bring your valuable gears.

Meet Rules
  1. Please treat fellow head-fiers, vendors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
  2. Do not unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
  3. Do not turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
  4. Do not move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
  5. Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own. There is ample space within the hotel, as well as Starbucks/bar/restaurant for food and drink.
  6. Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling other’s equipment.
  7. Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to vendors and others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
  8. Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
    DO NOT wear hair gel or any cosmetic product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
  9. Please use common sense! To repeat the most important rule: treat fellow head-fiers, vendors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.

Power strip.
If you’re going to bringing your gears, please bring your own power strips.   The Library will not let you use their stuff.

Set up and break it down.
Come early and try to set up it (9:30am ish) The break down time will around 2:30pm.  Depends on meeting flow…When people leaving early and not many people are their.  We’ll finish the meeting early.

Finally, Please reply to the thread if you’re attend this meeting.  Also, what gear(s) you’re bring.

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #148 of 179
I am planning to be there with all of the gear that I still have, minus the 50lb Fisher 500C.

Stax Lambda Pro
Stax SRM/MKII amplifier
Sennheiser HD600
Yamaha YH-1 orthodynamic – stock
Yamaha YH-1 orthodynamic – modded
Philly Blues tube preamp
Magnavox EL-84 SE tube amp
Meier-Audio Corda Headamp-1 KkII

Denon CD player
Alesis DEQ230

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #149 of 179
I went down to Kief audio today.  I told them about the meeting.  I talked to a man, but he just told me that he'll check this out first.
He seems interested, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back