Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka and beyond
Jul 18, 2006 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

billinkansas

500+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

It's been about 10 months now. Time to catch up.

I've got a bunch of gear that I'm going to be selling, so I thought you guys might like to hear some of this stuff before I move it on out. The fire sale will begin in about 3 weeks or so. Of course, always good to visit and try your gear as well. Meet here in Lawrence, maybe Saturday, August 6th? I'd rather not lug all of this stuff somewhere else. Might even end up swapping some of this stuff, but here's what's most likely going:
AKG K701
AKG K501
Sennheiser HD650
Audio Technica AD700 (sold)
Fisher 500C, 2nd unit
Fisher X-100C

Here's the stuff that ain't going anywhere, but mess it with all you want:
Sennheiser HD600, a restored Fisher X1000 (unbelieveable), a restored Fisher 500C.

*edit* forgot to mention Headphile and Cardas cables

PM me if you want to try to make something work.

Cheers!

Jul 19, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 26
...I've also been thinking that it's about time for a meet. I liked the last venue, but if we can draw in some folks in from Topeka, that's OK by me. Some of the gear you're selling looks desirable, and I'm interested that you're selling the HD650's and keeping the 600's. I'm selling my 600's and keeping the Stax. I hope to have my "new" amp up and running, and I may just provide a Dual for a door prize. The market for vintage TT's seems to be getting thin, so I'm stuck with inventory. Thanks for just posting a date from the get-go - that way we won't be dithering around for 2-3 months like we did last time!

Laz
lambda.gif
280smile.gif
600smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
rs1smile.gif
orphsmile.gif

Jul 20, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 26
Hey Guys,

It is a little short notice, but I will be travelling for much of the fall, and I'd like to sell off some stuff. Thought it might be fun to have some shootouts with it all first.

Jul 20, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by earjam
Hi guys! Aug 6 is a little short notice, but i will try to be there. Have a few new things to bring. zack

Hey Zack,

How about a meet down your way in Wichita, maybe in late Fall or Winter?

Jul 22, 2006 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 26
Bill! If My son doesn't sell his house by then, we could have a meet in his unfinished basement. It is empty, carpeted and very quiet. Unfortunately his house is on the market and has plenty of lookers so it will hopefully be sold by then.

Jul 26, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #7 of 26
A meet here in Wichita sounds good to me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #8 of 26
Hey all,
Thanks to bill for the heads up over PM's that he was having a meet!

A friend and I are more than willing to attend a meet here in Lawrence for a bit and get a taste of what we've been missing on the high end of Head-Fi. Between us we have DT770, HD280, HD570, ER-6i's and KSC-75 (radioshack w/ volume control) so we can bring those along as well if anybody else is curious about them.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for the weekend. Let me know if I need to do/bring anything to contribute to the group.

John

Aug 1, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #9 of 26
Anyone feel free to PM me re the mini meet

Aug 1, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #10 of 26
Bill are you aware that aug 6 is sunday not saturday. Please advise as i am scheduled to help my boy on saturday do an electrical service change on a house. I you mean to have the meet on saturday aug 5, please advise so i can reschedule. I have a 404-313 stax combo i plan to bring along with the usual assortment of dynamic phones. zack

Aug 1, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #11 of 26
Yikes! Saturday, August 5th.

Oooo new Stax rig!

Aug 2, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by billinkansas
Yikes! Saturday, August 5th.

Oooo new Stax rig!

Yikes! What time?? Can we show up at 12:01 AM?

New Stax rig? OOOOooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Laz
340smile.gif
gs1000.gif
eggosmile.gif
etysmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
rs1smile.gif
600smile.gif
280smile.gif
lambda.gif
580smile.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #13 of 26
How about 2:00 PM, and plan to stay a while, maybe until 6 or later. I'll have a cooler with ice. Might need a couple more power strips too.

Cat allergy folks might want to bring meds just in case.

PM me for directions.

Aug 3, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #14 of 26
Bill,

Thanks for the invite, I doubt I can make it down this Sat. I'm humbled that you'd allow a Husker fan in your abode.
tongue.gif

If you want, you can PM me directions, just in case I get everything on the honeydo list done early.

I'm afraid I have basically zilch equipment at the moment, but I'd love to see (hear) what's what.

Aug 4, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #15 of 26
Man I haven't been on this board in like forever. Laz sent me a note on another site alerting me to this gathering. I'm not a big headphone user but if nobody minds I might try to arrange a way to get down there from beautiful Lenexa, KS just to say hi and meet a couple of folks.

I did just grab a cheap little portable amp (little black amp v. 2.0) that somebody may be interested in hearing. Then again, maybe not.

Of course the Bleeding Kansas Art and Music festival is going on around then at Burcham Park and I'd really like to see some personal faves like Appleseed Cast, Broken Social Scene, and The Black Angels.

Regards,
jc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back