Kansas City Area (Lawrence) Saturday, January 10, 2008
Dec 31, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #16 of 39
Keep up the interest!

OK guys. Bring your favorite vinyl. I just got a new stylus for my Shure V15 type IV cartridge, so we can run that through the Fisher tube amp.

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds pretty painful in comparison to your current gear. Perhaps a pair of PX-100's would help in the future.

Are you at school right now, or did you move?

Nylan

EDIT: PM me if it's personal...you know, whatever...I'm just confused as to where you really live.

I go to school/live up in lawrence (ku) but my parents live in kansas city. I went to kansas city for a week to spend christmas with em. I was finally able to find an old pair of koss ksc 75s for the last couple days I was there and I relearned how much of a bang for your buck those little things are! But yeah, back up at school now
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by billinkansas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep up the interest!

OK guys. Bring your favorite vinyl. I just got a new stylus for my Shure V15 type IV cartridge, so we can run that through the Fisher tube amp.

AWESOME! I just inherited a vinyl collection, so I look forward to listening to it on a decent turntable.

Frankly, the turntable I have is crap...I don't even really listen to it very often...

I look forward to hearing some tips on vinyl from you guys.

Nylan

Jan 5, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by matajuro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get one of those new fangled laser turn tables if you want to keep your records pristine. i will be arriving with Nylan as I also got the day off.

Great, glad you will be coming. You've been appointed as the official photographer of the meet, sice you did such a good job last year!

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #21 of 39
Oh I had already planned on doing that this year as well. Will any buddy be bringing the new Senns HD 380 Pro? I hear they are leaps and bounds better I would love to try them out...

Jan 6, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by matajuro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I had already planned on doing that this year as well. Will any buddy be bringing the new Senns HD 380 Pro? I hear they are leaps and bounds better I would love to try them out...

Three points:

1. We need to take more photos of me wearing some STAX...my wife doesn't believe me as to how silly I look with them on.

2. The HD 380 is completely off my radar. Guess it's my prejudice getting in the way. I'll have to hear the HD 600s again just to make sure that I still don't care for senns.

3. You better bring your skullcandy. I will if you do. DON'T JUDGE US!

Nylan

PS: The skullcandy was swag from our work. I'll tell the whole story once we get there.

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #24 of 39
Nylan,

I sold my skull candy the day I got them, to my professor at school. He really dug the fuzzy replaceable ear pads for them. I think he gave me 20 bucks, totally ripped him off. He listened to those then my PX-100s "yup those do sound better".

As for not liking the Senns. I hav'nt liked a single pair of your HPs, so we are even on that front.

You think you look bad in stacks? To bad I didn't get any front photos of people with the JVC victors on. Those were ridiculously wide. Looked like some martian when you got them on Brilliant sound stage though.

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #25 of 39
Do we have a equipment list this time round?

I may as well post what I plan to bring

Headphones:

DT 880
DT 231
SR 60
KSC-75
Mylarone X3's
EP 730
Skullcandy Ink'd (for the lols)

Sources:
Panasonic PCDP
Sony A818 w/LOD
Some DVD player my wife bought (sounds okay, I think)

Amps:
Little Dot MK II
PA2v2
Doublet Cmoy

Cables:
Nothing to write home about.

That's it.

Nylan

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #27 of 39
My junk is in my sig. Can't believe that you Nebraska types don't at least appreciate the HD600.

Anyhow, who's coming? I've heard from a few of you but not many. Anyone want to come by about 12:30 to help drag tables, chairs and power cords?

Jan 8, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #28 of 39
Alright so I'm bringing a few items this Saturday:

Phones
Beyer DT-250
Grado SR225 w/liberators

Source
Laptop w/ Maudio Transit USB

PURE FUN
Korg Kaoss Pad KP3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back