Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob
May 24, 2007 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pheonix991

500+ Head-Fier
I just found out they released a new album!!! I love it. Sounds a bit like Employment, but, it has a sound of its own. Compaired to the mastering on Employment, it is worse, but, other than that they are about on par with eachother for me.

RUBY RUBY RUBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

May 25, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #2 of 6
At first I really disliked this album. I felt that they lost their synth-driven, post-punky britpop flavour of their first album and made a more traditional rock album. But, the more I hear it, the more it grows on my, especially the title track, "Yours Truly, Angry Mob". Coupled with the fact that I saw them in concert about a month ago in Montreal - which blew my mind - well, their sophomore album is now on constant rotation in my playlist. I also love "Love's Not a Competition (But I'm Winning)", "Everything is Average Nowadays", "Heat Dies Down" and of course, the single "Ruby"

Jun 12, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 6
I think "Ruby" is catchy as hell; I love it. That and the song "Heat Dies Down" are my faves on the album. Along with a couple of other songs, nothing else really hits me on the album as much as those two songs I mentioned.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 6
I've been hearing some great stuff in the past year or two. This is one of them, lots of fun creative stuff goes on in this album.

However, the mastering job really cuts off the true potential of this album. Lets hope for a SACD release!

Jun 15, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #6 of 6
I actually liked this album a lot the first time I listened to it all the way through. Its not at the top of my playlist, but nonetheless, its a good album. I agree that Ruby is a catchy song. My roommate is a big kaiser chiefs fan and when heard the new cd, he said he was pleasantly surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back