[KA3/KA13] FIIO X JADEAUDIO USB DAC DONGLE
Jan 7, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #286 of 899
Just received this amazing piece of gear!

1) Any advice on how to maximize it's sound quality from the laptop?
win7, laptop, few different type-c cables, foobar. (currently use dsd KA3 output). 3.5 is better than 4.4 in those conditions.

using only earbuds. Currently: Toneking Viridis+Dunu DUW-03 (cable).

2) Is there any way to control KA3 identical to app fiio control on the Andr.? I want to use the same functions of the app on the laptop.
Sorry that the KA3 could only be controlled via the FiiO Control Android version currently.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 7, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #287 of 899
Dear @FiiO

Is i need to install KA3 PC driver from your website, if my laptop have knowing and installed the driver for KA3 Automatically??

My laptop is running windows 11
i Have trying using your PC Driver and find some issues:

1. Difference in loudness/volume, with your driver my ideal volume is 30 but with Automatic driver im just need 4 or 5

2. popping sound everytime anything produce sound like song and system notification tone its happen very often. with automatic driver its just happen when i start playing song

3. Stuttering, with your PC Driver this is really happen often in the middle of song played. im using apple music web streaming. This is never happen with automatic driver

Hope any solution for this problem
Thank you. I had the same issues with lower power/volume and popping all the time, uninstalled the Fiio driver and now everything works as supposed to.
It seems the driver is broken on Windows 11, suddenly it become a much superior dac. @FiiO needs to be aware of that and give proper instructions to consumers like me trying to get some support, Jade Audio Official Store couldn't offer any advice in the last 2 weeks since I asked.
The popping still happens on Mac and Android though.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #288 of 899
Thank you. I had the same issues with lower power/volume and popping all the time, uninstalled the driver and now everything works as supposed to.
It seems the driver is broken on Windows 11, suddenly it become a much superior dac. @FiiO needs to be aware of that and give proper instructions to consumers like me trying to get some support, Jade Audio Official Store couldn't offer any advice in the last 2 weeks since I asked.
The popping still happens on Mac and Android though.

Anyone faced the same issue on Win10? Actually I don't own the KA3 (just the BTR5) but I'm planning on getting it cause of the 4.4 mm jack
Does this popping sound occurs on Win10 after updating or is it just for Win11
So I'm torn between this and the Ibasso dc04 basicly cause that's the options for 4.4 from our local retailer. Which one would you recommend?

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #289 of 899
Anyone faced the same issue on Win10? Actually I don't own the KA3 (just the BTR5) but I'm planning on getting it cause of the 4.4 mm jack
Does this popping sound occurs on Win10 after updating or is it just for Win11
So I'm torn between this and the Ibasso dc04 basicly cause that's the options for 4.4 from our local retailer. Which one would you recommend?
If 2.5 to 4.4 adapter (~$10) is not a right option, I would suggest Tempotec E44. DC04 is mired by compatibility issues and my unit had/has loose cables on both ends.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #290 of 899
If 2.5 to 4.4 adapter (~$10) is not a right option, I would suggest Tempotec E44. DC04 is mired by compatibility issues and my unit had/has loose cables on both ends.
Actually I did ordered Tempotec E44 and also had very bad experience with it lol. I did receive a brick, didn't work on any device I have and by experience I don't wanna go there again! I have BTR5 which is flawless on both Android and PC but since I have a 4.4 adapter on my FD5 I really wanted to try it! But since KA3 uses same ESS chip or similar I wanted to check the DC04 instead cause it houses the CS dac. I don't know if that makes a huge difference. About the loose cables it's probably a defective unit you received (like me with E44):smile: I'll probably go with the DC04 and if something's wrong I'll just return it and have the KA3 then

Jan 7, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #291 of 899
Actually I did ordered Tempotec E44 and also had very bad experience with it lol. I did receive a brick, didn't work on any device I have and by experience I don't wanna go there again! I have BTR5 which is flawless on both Android and PC but since I have a 4.4 adapter on my FD5 I really wanted to try it! But since KA3 uses same ESS chip or similar I wanted to check the DC04 instead cause it houses the CS dac. I don't know if that makes a huge difference. About the loose cables it's probably a defective unit you received (like me with E44):smile: I'll probably go with the DC04 and if something's wrong I'll just return it and have the KA3 then
So far, I had the best experience with Tempotec (HD pro, BHD, E44, V1A), but anything can happen, true
Before getting E44, I thought that DC04 can be a smarter cheaper option. The sound is indeed close to E44, and is nice and euphonic on DC04. A loose unit inside is systemic for DC04, I would think, but it is not overly crucial; making it work with Samsung phones is much more annoying. After my experience with dongles, I won't buy any iBasso, Shanling and Hiby products - makes it simpler :)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #292 of 899
Well after all I changed my mind and placed an order for KA3 instead lol! Some comments and videos on the internet made me think Fiio is what I need and it is a fantastic company with great products. I already have 3 Fiio products and I have been so happy with them so far. So I think this KA3 will be a great addition to my collection:gs1000smile:

Jan 8, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #293 of 899
@FiiO please, please, please, fix & update both the Fiio Control app & the Fiio Music app. Both have their own frustrating bugs.

Fiio Control - the digital filters doesn't always reflect your desired option even if you push it multiple times (for example. I choose sharp roll off then exit the app. next time I open the app, the filter reverts back to apodizing.) Using this control app & choosing the filter I want is like playing a russian roulette. You'll never know when you'll get it right or wrong. You have to go back & forth--opening & exiting the app--& head straight to the filter section to rightfully choose the option I want.

Fiio Music - every track I play, whether I literally choose the file randomly or just automatically, sequentially let the files play itself, there's always a couple of seconds (2-4 seconds I think) that skips at the start of each & every song.

The device is already good. Durably made. Soundwise & tonal presentation? Fkn fantastic. But your companion apps? Mygoodnes. Infuriatingly BAD.

Again, for the love of good music, @FiiO , get your sht straight & fix these two apps.

Calmly & respectfully requesting.
Good day. 🙂

Jan 9, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #294 of 899
Today we check out he KA3 on Headfonia, an article by @nanotechnos

https://www.headfonia.com/fiio-ka3-review/

chrome_2022-01-09_10-45-30.png

Jan 9, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #295 of 899
@FiiO please, please, please, fix & update both the Fiio Control app & the Fiio Music app. Both have their own frustrating bugs.

Fiio Control - the digital filters doesn't always reflect your desired option even if you push it multiple times (for example. I choose sharp roll off then exit the app. next time I open the app, the filter reverts back to apodizing.) Using this control app & choosing the filter I want is like playing a russian roulette. You'll never know when you'll get it right or wrong. You have to go back & forth--opening & exiting the app--& head straight to the filter section to rightfully choose the option I want.

Fiio Music - every track I play, whether I literally choose the file randomly or just automatically, sequentially let the files play itself, there's always a couple of seconds (2-4 seconds I think) that skips at the start of each & every song.

The device is already good. Durably made. Soundwise & tonal presentation? Fkn fantastic. But your companion apps? Mygoodnes. Infuriatingly BAD.

Again, for the love of good music, @FiiO , get your sht straight & fix these two apps.

Calmly & respectfully requesting.
Good day. 🙂
Is there a problem when connecting to KA3?

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 11, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #297 of 899
Hey guys I received my Fiio KA3 today, so far happy with it using its 4.4 connector.
Just a question though at what volumes do you listen on Windows pc, cause I have installed the driver update from Fiio's site and the volumes on my pc are 50+
Still the sound is somehow not very high
I use FD5 at 32ohms with 4.4 and the volumes goes between 50-60, with 3.5 goes a little above
Another closed headphones rated again 32ohms with 3.5 and I'm listening now at 80 volume and its not that high!
Is this a common problem or is it driver related?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #298 of 899
Okay I think I figure it out myself: had to put in on High Gain through Fiio App although is still not quite that high at volumes compared to my BTR5!
Comparing it to the later I think KA3 has a touch cleaner sound, holographic and spacious! The bass doesn't sound particularly different just clean and accurate!
The mids are on par and the highs well presentented. I just wished it had more loudness as BTR5 but I do find it a bit improved over it.
The cons: The Fiio app doesn't seem to remember any changes regarding lowpass filter (hope that can be improved over update). Switching from low to high gain seems to have some effect over the loudness but not as in BTR5. Unexpectedly heating of the device in High gain is less than in Low (which was stated somewhere in Fiio's own website)
Nevertheless, this device is great overall and it does what it's intended. Highly recommended

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #299 of 899
Okay I think I figure it out myself: had to put in on High Impendence through Fiio App although is still not quite that high at volumes compared to my BTR5!
Comparing it to the later I think KA3 has a touch cleaner sound, holographic and spacious! The bass doesn't sound particularly different just clean and accurate!
The mids are on par and the highs well presentented. I just wished it had more loudness as BTR5 but I do find it a bit improved over it.
The cons: The Fiio app doesn't seem to remember any changes regarding lowpass filter (hope that can be improved over update). Switching from low to high gain seems to have some effect over the loudness but not as in BTR5. Unexpectedly heating of the device in High gain is less than in Low (which was stated somewhere in Fiio's own website)
Nevertheless, this device is great overall and it does what it's intended. Highly recommended
Try uninstall FIIO driver from your Windows laptop

Jan 11, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #300 of 899
Hey guys I received my Fiio KA3 today, so far happy with it using its 4.4 connector.
Just a question though at what volumes do you listen on Windows pc, cause I have installed the driver update from Fiio's site and the volumes on my pc are 50+
Still the sound is somehow not very high
I use FD5 at 32ohms with 4.4 and the volumes goes between 50-60, with 3.5 goes a little above
Another closed headphones rated again 32ohms with 3.5 and I'm listening now at 80 volume and its not that high!
Is this a common problem or is it driver related?
I had the same problem and it was definitely driver related. Uninstalled the Fiio driver and suddenly had more than double the power/volume.
I wonder how many people buying the KA3 are thinking it's a weak dongle because of that.
@FiiO needs to address that issue. They still haven't proposed a solution to me about the popping sound after one month. Pretty disappointing customer support.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back