K712's: Which wires go where? (repair) OR Can someone take a picture of the inside of the K712/K702's?
Mar 5, 2017 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dimension

New Head-Fier
My headphones broke and it tore out the wires on the LEFT side where the cable connects to. I need someone to take a picture of which of the 3 wires go where. There is 3 places each wire can go and I need to know which go where.

In order to see:

1. Turn the small grill (with orange ring around it and K712 label is) to the left (will be a short turn). (Don't worry it will not break!)

2. Take out the 2 screws

3. Gently Unclip (see picture) the part and lift to see which wires go where

4. As you can see there are 3 places the 3 wires can go (the wires are only so long). I need to know which wires go where. 

I can't send them to repair as I bought them from USA and AKG USA will NOT ship to Canada. I need to work on music and these are my reference headphones! Please help a brother out!

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Really? Can someone not take a few minutes out of their day and take a simple picture of where the wires go on the LEFT side? All you do is

1. Turn the grill to the left
2. Take out 2 screws and gentle unclip the part and show where the wires go

Like please? I can't send them to repair and besides I'd rather do it myself. 

...Please?

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 4
  Really? Can someone not take a few minutes out of their day and take a simple picture of where the wires go on the LEFT side? 

They don't want to risk their headphones, and not all of them are as confident with their hands as you are, and then you're starting with a smaller number of people who own the K712, as the ones with the other K7-- series will probably think theirs uses different color cables and have one more thing to deter them from taking the cap off to look. In other words, I'm saying that, statistically, you're starting off with a very small number of people who can and might have not even seen this thread.

In any case, since you can repair them, why not use a tester? You can see a diagram for what is L+, R+, and GND for the TRS end. See what cables inside the earcup correspond to each.

If it's cut at the TRS end also, you can still figure this out some other way, but you need to completely disassemble the left earcup and figure out which two wires are joined in there, which makes for GND. The other cable that from the headband straight into the terminals in the left earcup will be R+. The last one is L+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back