K702 amp (and maybe dac?) for £200.
Jan 4, 2016 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sanotter

100+ Head-Fier
So I've been using my fiio e10 for the past year or two with my k702 and finally want to upgrade. 

Any suggestions for amps up to 200 GBP would be great. I'm not sure if the dac in my fiio is that good, so I'm not sure if to get an amp/dac (odac/o2 or magni modi), or if to just get a decent amp and maybe get a better dac later? Any input would be great.

Thanks,

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 7
Assuming you don't have a dedicated sound card in your desktop, is there anything wrong with your onboard audio? Is there any audible hiss, EMI, stuff like that? If not then you can skip the DAC and focus your budget on the amp. I would personally recommend the O2 from JDS Labs.

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 7
  Assuming you don't have a dedicated sound card in your desktop, is there anything wrong with your onboard audio? Is there any audible hiss, EMI, stuff like that? If not then you can skip the DAC and focus your budget on the amp. I would personally recommend the O2 from JDS Labs.

As you can see in my first post "So I've been using my fiio e10 for the past year or two with my k702 and finally want to upgrade.", I'm currently using an e10, which has a line out to bypass the amp. So I can just use this for the dac but I'm not sure if I'd notice a difference between this and something slightly higher end like an odac.If you're telling me I won't notice the difference I will try to get an amp!

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #6 of 7
  As you can see in my first post "So I've been using my fiio e10 for the past year or two with my k702 and finally want to upgrade.", I'm currently using an e10, which has a line out to bypass the amp. So I can just use this for the dac but I'm not sure if I'd notice a difference between this and something slightly higher end like an odac.If you're telling me I won't notice the difference I will try to get an amp!

My apologies, I assumed you were replacing the E10 completely and selling it or something. No, you won't notice an audible difference between the DACs.

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #7 of 7
  My apologies, I assumed you were replacing the E10 completely and selling it or something. No, you won't notice an audible difference between the DACs.

Alright thanks! There's no point in me selling it if I won't notice the difference really. Is there any point is getting something better than an o2 or is it just pointless?

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back