K701
Mar 9, 2006 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Angelic

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, just received my brand new AKG k701 - number 1596
Amazing! Additionaly, compared with my old Sony CD 380, now I just noticed what true audio experience means.

Can someone advice me, how many hours they need to burn - in to achieve their full potential?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2006 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 8
What should I expect after, lets say, 50 and 100 hours?
At this moment, only 1 hour of listening, they sound perfect for me.

Btw, the price I paid for mine, is 306 USD. Is it normal price or I can get them cheaper?

Best regards,

Angelic

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 8
The cheapest I heard was like 285, of course that's only during pre-order period. As for what changes will occur during burn-in, it is hard to say exactly, but you can do a search here and come up with your conclusion from what people posted. And always remember your mileage may vary.

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelic
What should I expect after, lets say, 50 and 100 hours?
At this moment, only 1 hour of listening, they sound perfect for me.

Btw, the price I paid for mine, is 306 USD. Is it normal price or I can get them cheaper?

Best regards,

Angelic

Prices have risen. I've contacted the usual head-fi sources and, as of Friday, three quotes were $319, although one offered a $10 discount for a first online order. So, you did well.

Mar 9, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #7 of 8
I was waiting for an order from earphonesolutions as well, but cancelled it when I found STO had them in stock. Though I would expect everyone else will get them this week or so. FWIW earphonesolutions was $10 cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back