K701 update and price match
Feb 2, 2006 at 9:28 AM Post #32 of 42
anyone follow up on this?

Feb 2, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #34 of 42
I'm going to hazard a guess that since Headroom has heard from AKG USA, so has Todd. I think that Todd is run off his feet with his business. He hasn't been online since January 6th.

Feb 2, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #35 of 42
I spoke with Todd today because I wanted to change the credit card on the 701 purchase. He said he thought they should be in next week. I also asked him if it was worth getting the 701's over the 501's and this is his reply:

"The K501 was a nice headphone but the K701 is much superior! It has the sweet mids but the bass and highs are much improved. It is well worth the extra bucks!"

Now normally you can attribute that to sales hype but I believe him so it just reinforced my resolve to wait for the 701's!

Feb 2, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkuboy
I spoke with Todd today because I wanted to change the credit card on the 701 purchase. He said he thought they should be in next week. I also asked him if it was worth getting the 701's over the 501's and this is his reply:

"The K501 was a nice headphone but the K701 is much superior! It has the sweet mids but the bass and highs are much improved. It is well worth the extra bucks!"

Now normally you can attribute that to sales hype but I believe him so it just reinforced my resolve to wait for the 701's!

that's exactly what I wanted to do...changed my CC.....mailed todd since the day I placed order and never did get a reply...looks like I better give him a call.

Feb 2, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
that's exactly what I wanted to do...changed my CC.....mailed todd since the day I placed order and never did get a reply...looks like I better give him a call.

Well, having gotten hooked on all this headfi stuff, I asked to change the card so that the billing date would be just before the expected date he would charge my card. That way it would go into the next cycle! With the card I originally used, the charge would have come through right before the billing date and I'd have to pay it sooner. I think that's a sign that all this buymania is getting to me, huh?
tongue.gif

Anyway, I called Todd and he answered on the 1st ring.

Feb 11, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by bzielinski
I checked Todd's site but it said he was selling them for their list at $399. Is there something I'm missing?

Yes. Place the order and ask Todd to give you the Head-Fi price in the comments field. Otherwise just call to place your order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back