K701 Replacement Pads
Dec 1, 2007 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Whitewind

100+ Head-Fier
Live in Canada and these pads are hard to track down with having huge wait time attached to it. Planning on getting them for my K501 which this combination has been discussed with great results. Anyone know where to get them, even from the US is ok as long as I can get them. I tried giving the distributor a call and they said to get it from some local stores, but they don't stock them either.

I saw it on headphone.com, but seriously 30 to ship it up here is a little hard to swallow.

Oh and if people have any opinions on this setup please share

Dec 1, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 5
Yeah, headphone.com are particularly bad with shipping cost. I got some Yuin PK2s off them; it cost me 30 euros to get them shipped to France. And another 25 euros customs tax extra. All that for headphones that cost 40 euros.

I ordered some K701 pads for the same reason you did (use them on K501) here in France. Even within the same country, Reditech (the company which does AKG parts in France) are asking for 9 euros shipping. So, in the grand scheme of things, I think 30 dollars from US to Canada is not all that much, relatively speaking of course.

Anyway, I ordered them and they arrived earlier this week. Have to wait till I'm back from business for a chance to test them, so probably Christmas.

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 5
well got a reply from headroom about shipping to canada, and they are willing to ship it for 20 using USPS instead of 30 from fedex, which helps with brokerage aswell. anyone know how much is shipping for ALO?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back