K701+Gilmore Lite personal opinions?
Jun 26, 2006 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stukovx

100+ Head-Fier
Been eyeing this combo for quite a while now and as soon as I have the funds am going to make the purchase. I have asked in many other threads how the gilmore lite sounds with general replies. I am almost 100% sure that I will be purchasing the k701's because of their neutral sound and clarity(from what Ive read). I am not a bass head but I do like controlled bass(don't know if this is the right terminology so correct me if I'm wrong.

So right now I am kind of undecided but leaning towards the gilmore lite amp. I am open to other amps as long as they meet my needs:
-300$ max price
-solid state(don't want to go for tubes cause of price and maintence)
-good match for 701's
-quality over portability
-Clear, crisp, vivid sound over super bass heavy

Music I'm into...I like trance and a lot of music with vocals. As of now, I've become addicted to Utada Hikaru. So anything that will emphasize vocals and instrumentals I guess is what I would want.

Sorry if I don't have all the audiophile vocabulary in there, feel like such a noobie trying to explain sound =(

my current set up is ATH A-500 with PA2V2 which I feel is a little to bassy and bland.

Jun 26, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm using the GL (version 1) which is a bit more analytical compared to the latest version, but love the sound, very tight without any brightness or harshness. A good combo IMO

Jun 26, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 7
It seems the Lite would be a great match, given the criteria you listed. Get on the phone and give Justin a call ASAP!

Jul 2, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #7 of 7
been reading the H5 thread and now I don't know which one I want. They are about the same price and both have great reviews.

can anyone tell the sound differences between these 2 amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back