k701 earpad/foam insert issue
Mar 21, 2008 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Double Edge

New Head-Fier
I just got my akg k701's a couple days ago and have been really enjoying them recently as their sound has gotten warmer. Unfortunately though I noticed that one of the foam inserts with the hole in it which covers the driver is off-center! I would like to fix this only if taking the ear pad off is easy enough. I have been looking for documentation with no avail and it does not look like it will be anything easy like popping the pad off my 240s.
Is anybody experienced in how to take off the velour pad with the upmost delicacy? Future thanks for the help.

Mar 21, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 4
Take hold of the back of one earcup in your left hand and the earpad in the other. Now press together slightly while rotating the earcup counter-clockwise 1/4 turn. Viola! the earpad is off.

edit - take note of original position of earpad as they are thinner in the front than in the rear

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Take hold of the back of one earcup in your left hand and the earpad in the other. Now press together slightly while rotating the earcup counter-clockwise 1/4 turn. Viola! the earpad is off.

edit - take note of original position of earpad as they are thinner in the front than in the rear

Exactly! Usually take velors off and wash them with care every other month. They look great as new to me.

Mar 21, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 4
Sure enough! The bottom inside part of the ear pads have a small hooking mechanism (for people who need help in the future and need to visualize). Oddly enough though the ear pad that had the foam insert slightly off center actually had two foam inserts in it! Guess I have a replacement if I needed one for some reason. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back