k701 and RX-V590?
Mar 2, 2010 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Stein

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I recently found out my dad has been hiding what I think to be a pretty decent stereo system from me, but he's willing to let me play with it a little bit. He's got a Yamaha RX-V590 A/V receiver and a CDC-555 CD player, but I was wondering if it's even like...okay to use that kind of stuff for headphone use? I tried it out a bit earlier with one of my CDs and it sounded great, but I just feel like I'm not supposed to be using that for headphones, seeing as how it's meant for surround sound and video stuff, or whatever. Does anyone have any experience with using this receiver or other non-stereo receivers? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
k701smile.gif

Edit: Considering I was thinking about getting canamp or some other, better amp for my k701's, would that even constitute an upgrade from what I currently have available? About where would these stack up with other potential equipment? I do with I could use this stuff with my computer, but I guess I could just burn my music to discs.

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 3
Well I figured as much considering it worked, but I don't understand why it does (and may should) sound better than my udac and ef2. Is it just because it has a lot more power?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back