K340 more mod pics--56K warning
Jul 7, 2005 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Jon L

For him, f/1.2 is a prime number
A fellow head-fier "commisioned" me to do mods for his K340, so I thought I would take some good photos this time. Photos should be self-explanatory. My own K340 is the one with salmon-colored Jena Labs cryo'd wire, and the other one uses vintage(?) aerospace 22 awg teflon silver-plated wire.

k340electret1zc.jpg

teflonwire7jk.jpg

bigplug38sp.jpg

jenateflon4oe.jpg

Jul 7, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 13
Try using this format...

i]

edit: I see you're fixing it already
cool.gif

Jul 7, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #3 of 13
Jon L said:
A fellow head-fier "commisioned" me to do mods for his K340, so I thought I would take some good photos this time. Photos should be self-explanatory. My own K340 is the one with salmon-colored Jena Labs cryo'd wire, and the other one uses vintage(?) aerospace 22 awg teflon silver-plated wire.

Jon,

Thanks again for accepting the "commision"
smily_headphones1.gif

I was supposed to get them today, but according to UPS tracking: "THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY CAUSING THIS DELAY.." Aaaarrrrrrgh!
Tomorrow, I guess. I'll be sure to post my impressions of them: the after-mod sound and compared to my K501s and the MS2.

PS They really look nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 13
bookkeepers_son said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L

Jon,

Thanks again for accepting the "commision"
smily_headphones1.gif

I was supposed to get them today, but according to UPS tracking: "THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY CAUSING THIS DELAY.." Aaaarrrrrrgh!
Tomorrow, I guess. I'll be sure to post my impressions of them: the after-mod sound and compared to my K501s and the MS2.

PS They really look nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Man, UPS strikes again. I got a good couple days' burn-in on yours, but give it a good once-over when you get it. I'm still looking for more, better power for my K340..

Jul 7, 2005 at 12:41 PM Post #5 of 13
Nice work on those mods, I can't wait to see what he thinks of the improvement.
340smile.gif

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by palchiu
Nice work!

My K340 will mod. soon~ Just finish the cables.
tongue.gif

Which wire will you use for K340 mods? They all definitely sound different. Next time, I think Vampire continuous cast enamel wire is begging to be tried. ("Next time" may be soon upon me BTW).

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #8 of 13
I've allways thought that biwiring them might be cool. Silver for the electret and copper for the dynamic driver.
wink.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Nice work on those mods, I can't wait to see what he thinks of the improvement.
340smile.gif

Yeah, you and me both. UPS, whaaaaaat's uuuup? No show again (with same statement)....I'll find out what's going on tomorrow.

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bookkeepers_son
Yeah, you and me both. UPS, whaaaaaat's uuuup? No show again (with same statement)....I'll find out what's going on tomorrow.

Oh, Cr%%$, this is not good. How can UPS mess up between 2 addresses in So Cal? Then again, this exact scenario has happened to me before from UPS. Definitely give'em a call..

Jul 8, 2005 at 12:26 PM Post #11 of 13
You guys should have just met up to do the swap if you are so close... I hope everything works out well.
340smile.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
You guys should have just met up to do the swap if you are so close... I hope everything works out well.
340smile.gif

Yeah, you're right. And to think I was by Jon's area the day before he shipped them. That'll be the last time I go UPS. Well, they're supposed to call me within the hour just to confirm they have them, but I'll have to wait 'til Monday for delivery or to pick them up myself. And the UPS facility is farther from me than Jon's place.
mad.gif
It's OK, I know it'll be worth it.

Jul 9, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #13 of 13
i dont understand electrostatic headphones... but do i see 5 drivers!??!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back