K240 sextetts for only £45
Apr 6, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"headpads are real leather". Hah! looks like they're in good shape though.

edit: yeah, they're definitely sextetts

Oh right, I forgot about the headband with the holes. I guess they're sextetts then.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 17
what bidding war?! anyone can buy them for 40 British pounds with buy it now.
No shipping abroad though so it might take longer to sell these in UK only

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #7 of 17
Haha nice. I'd love to own some just for the sake of it but would probably never use them
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 17
Yeah... funny someone would be so helpful with so few posts... (not that post count makes you any more helpful)

>: )

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #13 of 17
Flee5 in AKG-K240 Sextett Gradod AKG "Yes I found replacing the foam did tighten up the bass slightly.
I didn't have any trouble getting new elastics and pads for mine just contacted AKG by email and they put me in touch with my nearest agent for parts and they had them in stock.
Im[sic] based in the UK though and reading through the thread may be lucky as the US agent does't[sic] seem that highly reguarded[sic] as far as supply goes.
"

Yeppers. I'd put money on Flee5 being the seller. Though, from his post, it's obvious that this is a restored model, and that he doesn't realize that he's talking about a collector's item. He is seriously underselling them in that eBay auction.

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #14 of 17
I don't know what kind of drugs you'd have to be taking to think the sextett headband is real leather. It's not even pleather, it's a thick sheet of cracked, deteriorating chemicals. But maybe the folks in the HD800 spray painted plastic thread should take some
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #15 of 17
Im afraid im not the seller and when I originally posted this auction had a buy it now price it seems that the seller has taken the buy it now off after they had lots of interest. I only posted it as I got some sextetts myself cheap off of ebay the other month that were undersold and thought I would give someone else the chance of a bargain as the last of my spare cash went on play.coms hd600 bargain last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back