K240 MKII Counterfeit (Fake) Exist on Market????
Aug 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

PVibe

New Head-Fier
hello guys, sry for bad english

i bought a pair of k240 mkii from a dealer on iran but i'm worry if it is original or fake. it's looks like original picture of the akg website and has made in austria and 55 ohm label on its body. i don't know the sound of it is good or not and after i listen with it i found it has too much bass with less mid and high range freqs. i listen and produce music everyday with my cheap htc mobile earphone and they are sounds good on trebles and mid range so i can listen to all detailes of music very good and transparent however it lacks on bass but on the akg k240 mkii the situation is vice versa and i cant hear mid range and high freq good because of much of its bass that annoy me.

i don't know if it give me the right flat sound or not. are there any counterfeit or fake models of akg k240 mkii on the market at all? how to make sure that i have original pair and listen to true music for mix and master?

please guide me

thank you all dears

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 3
AKG K240s are not bassy headphones (I own the K242HD).
Maybe they are defective in some way?

Superlux makes low cost knock offs of AKG headphones, but usually they sound fairly good.

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
AKG K240s are not bassy headphones (I own the K242HD).
Maybe they are defective in some way?

Superlux makes low cost knock offs of AKG headphones, but usually they sound fairly good.

i have k240 mkii not studio model. i mean a big part of sounds belonged to bass maybe i couln't say the purpose. it's natural or not? (beacause of semi open structure)

i paid about 130$ and it is new and looks like healthy.

i'm very confused about the sound of it. do i get right flat sound or not? although i forgot mention i have a closed sony mdr-xd200. they are bassy too but i think it sharper than as my k240 mkii on mid and high freqs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back