K10U / Tralucent 1plus2 v2 pair up DAP / DAC
Aug 13, 2015 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

hiphophead07

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I recently purchased above IEMs and I am wondering what is a very well priced DAP / DAC to pair them up with.
Looking for a something that is not too expensive but offers huge soundstage and high audio quality experience bringing out the potential of these IEMS.

Thanks,
M.G.

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 10
Budget? Not "too expensive" means different things to different people.

Don't expect a headphone amp/DAP to make a big difference in soundstage. The headphones determine that, not the electronics.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 10
Looking for an amp/DAP in the $100-600 range.

I've read the Chord Hugo is amazing, however, it is too expensive for me.  Seen it go for over $1000 even used. I would like something in the lower price range I specified above that can provide very close performance and sound quality to the CH. cel4145, honestly, I wouldn't know if amps would make a difference since I haven't tested or owned any amps ever, my thoughts are based on reviews here and other sources.  As for DAP's I've always used my HTC M9, but I definitely get curious as to what other products can offer to improve my musical experience and enjoyment.

Note: I recently purchased both of these IEMs and they have not arrived to my home yet. Tomorrow morning is early Christmas for me :)

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 10
X3 is nice and add an amp its great You can also go with AK100II I liked that over the 240 but 240 LOOKS great.
The AK 100 ii was a possibility was looking it up recently. AK240 too expensive like 2000+ for a DAP but I agree it does look nice.

Any large difference between AK 100 vs AK 100 II ? Description wise I see there are improvements and new features but I'm seeing the 1st gen significantly cheaper. Worth the price difference ?

Also, any comparisons between the two AK 100 gen Models and comparisons against Fio X3 / X5, Hifiman 901, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back