K10U Black & Rose Gold
Mar 2, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #35 of 74
Nice, I got the K10 custom. If it crack (I hope not) , I will get the universal version. K10 is the best CIEM I heard thus far. Very nicely done with Rose gold. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #36 of 74
Yeah, they sold gold-plated metal pokemon cards for $2 at Burger King.
Real expensive.

Don't be ridiculous.

Burger King was not selling gold electroplated cards for $2.I'm doubtful that card even can be electroplated.

Cards with some small amount of gold leaf on, maybe.

There is a massive difference.

Why does every poduct announcemt have to come with a small pack of whingers who have no idea what something is worth saying its a rip off?

Noble don't just have to add the price of getting these electroplated in real gold to the price of the original aluminium version - they have to make a profit off the whole endeavour as well.

Businesses are not charities. Their entire purpose is to make profit, and if that is fair profit for a quality product no one should have a problem with that. $250 for electroplated rose gold versions of their TOTL universal? Sounds fine.

If you don't want it down' buy it.

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #38 of 74
I'm not into IEM's, but if I were...
Don't get me wrong $250 is wee-bit steep, but I mean, it's a limited edition. Not that you'll see your average joe out and about with the normal K10U, but hey... If they had a limited edition rose gold HE-1000 or LCD-X, I betcha people would shell out some serious cash for it.

I personally think it looks quite good, I dig it. YMMV

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #40 of 74
I can see how this change could be a $250 increase.

Normally you have to plate with Copper first as gold doesn't bond well to aluminum.  If you have 2 layers of plating and your fit is perfect between parts of the shell so that no line or edge can be felt when assembled, it could require making the top portion of the shell slightly smaller to accommodate the thickness of the plated material during final assembly.   The redesign on the CMC equipment for a limited run of 100 pieces doesn't give you much room to spread your costs over, resulting in a higher price per piece.     To use the burger king example, my bet is if they only made 100 of those pokemon cards they would have cost a lot more than $2 each.

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #41 of 74

Normally you have to plate with Copper first as gold doesn't bond well to aluminum.  If you have 2 layers of plating and your fit is perfect between parts of the shell so that no line or edge can be felt when assembled, it could require making the top portion of the shell slightly smaller to accommodate the thickness of the plated material during final assembly.   The redesign on the CMC equipment for a limited run of 100 pieces doesn't give you much room to spread your costs over, resulting in a higher price per piece.     To use the burger king example, my bet is if they only made 100 of those pokemon cards they would have cost a lot more than $2 each.

This pretty much sums it up.

As for the photos, they're ok although I think they'd probably look a bit better in person. 
My wife likes rose gold and the moment i showed the photos to her, I saw the change of emotion in her eyes.
She loved it, so i guess this is another winner from Noble.

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #42 of 74

I fail to believe anyone would, or that it is even possible to, electroplate card.

They would have had some gold leaf on them, which is completely different.

Mar 2, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #43 of 74
I fail to believe anyone would, or that it is even possible to, electroplate card.

They would have had some gold leaf on them, which is completely different.

Could maybe, would = not with the cost restrictions.    Gold plating a pokemon card comes as close to the definition of polishing a turd as anything I can think of.

Mar 2, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #45 of 74
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/1999_Burger_King_promotional_Pok%C3%A9mon_toys

Claims the card was a piece of metal plated in 23 karat gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back