K1000 plugged into 6vrms outputs of dCS DAC = No amp, best bass ever!!
Sep 20, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #17 of 28
I loved the K1000. Their only flaw for me was that they were just ever so slightly recessed. I am starting to now blame them for it, because nearly every headphone is(besides most grados). I just really prefer the sound coming from in front of me than sounding like it is coming from behind me.

One thing about the K1000s though is that they sound golden with a lot of budget speaker amps. It's all about the power going into them.

Random post...I know...

Sep 20, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably your Krell. I've never had to warm up my K1000's.

Going from 3 hours to 8 hours warm-up of Krell shouldn't remove any bass, it should make it bigger. Pausing K1000 drivers removes low-level detail (bass fullness). K1000 driver temperature is the reason, here is my old experiment thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/k10...n-real-186916/

Sep 20, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you make any type of temperature measurement to conclude that driver temperature was the reason?

I don't need to make any measurements because the difference is so huge. I'm too poor to buy measurement devices anyway. I'm in a lot of debt after completing my audio hobby.

Sep 20, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't need to make any measurements because the difference is so huge. I'm too poor to buy measurement devices anyway. I'm in a lot of debt after completing my audio hobby.

I meant temperature measurements, since you're so sure the reason is driver temperature changes.

Sep 20, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant temperature measurements, since you're so sure the reason is driver temperature changes.

I don't have any measurement device that measures the temperature of drivers. Can I use the anus measurement device for my headphones?

Sep 20, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

I don't have any measurement device that measures the temperature of drivers. Can I use the anus measurement device for my headphones?

GOLD!!!!!

First time I think ive EVER seen the words "anus" and "earphones" in the same sentence.

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

If you don't have the tools to confirm your "temperature change" theory, a reasonable and unbiased person would not present it as though it was something conclusive.

Even calling it a theory is being generous - I haven't seen you provide any evidence of anyone else measuring diaphragm temperature and correlating it with measured changes in sound, either. For example, how much change in temperature would be required to produce a 1dB change in sound? Is the change frequency dependent? Even if the voice coil heats up, how does the cooling effect of diaphragm motion interact with the heating of the voice coil? I haven't seen any evidence that you've made any considerations beyond pure uninformed speculation. Feel free to provide evidence to the contrary.

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Going from 3 hours to 8 hours warm-up of Krell shouldn't remove any bass, it should make it bigger. Pausing K1000 drivers removes low-level detail (bass fullness). K1000 driver temperature is the reason, here is my old experiment thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/k10...n-real-186916/

You should really stop warming up your K1000's with your anus. The moisture is going to kill the drivers.

Sep 21, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should really stop warming up your K1000's with your anus. The moisture is going to kill the drivers.

Hahaha. My mind - it burns!
tongue.gif

Seriusly nao. Yuo cant just warm ur headphone with anus like that. What about anal pulsatians? They cause interferance!!!1 If yuo wants MAXIMAM BASE u needs to put ERS paper to shield them. I uses nappy-ERS for comfort. Where comfort is king!! BUT BASE IS KINGER!!!!!@1

Sep 21, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #27 of 28
Interesting!
..as usual from the swede...
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #28 of 28
I have sold the Elgar Plus DAC now. It's the best bang for the buck system for dynamic headphones because you don't need a dedicated amp and tweaks for it.

I don't like to own expensive gear in mint condition, it's scary! I want the cheapest and mutilate it as much as I can!

I think I will switch to DAC1 and T-Amp. I will plug them into Genesis power cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back