k10 amps? wa8, hugo, mojo?
Jun 4, 2017 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dusk

100+ Head-Fier
I went searching for this and couldn't find anything concrete.

I'm picking up a pair of k10's since the price has gone down since the encore came out, and was looking to get an amp/dac combo for transportable.

Thinking about wa8, hugo2, or mojo...

would the wa8 be too warm? is mojo all I need? is the hugo2 overkill?

Jun 4, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2 of 7
I use hugo for encore so hugo 2 has my vote. no its not overkill if its in your budget. Its just not as portable so i use a leather hugo carry case.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 7
I can see you have a Liquid Carbon. The K10 sounds glorious via the LC. I added a balanced cable that I can use with my hifiman 901 and via adapter with the LC and couldn't be happier.

O the K10 need an amp, I guess no, not power wise. But it really depends what you use at source, a crappy low budget phone with terrible integrated dac/amp certainly doesn't do the K10 justice. To my ears it sounds cleaner, more dynamic and wider, with some dedicated and good gear. To me it rewards good sounding gear rather than power. And from what I heard from the wizard himself, he uses a Pioneer DAP and is very happy with it.

Cheers.

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 7
I can see you have a Liquid Carbon. The K10 sounds glorious via the LC. I added a balanced cable that I can use with my hifiman 901 and via adapter with the LC and couldn't be happier.

O the K10 need an amp, I guess no, not power wise. But it really depends what you use at source, a crappy low budget phone with terrible integrated dac/amp certainly doesn't do the K10 justice. To my ears it sounds cleaner, more dynamic and wider, with some dedicated and good gear. To me it rewards good sounding gear rather than power. And from what I heard from the wizard himself, he uses a Pioneer DAP and is very happy with it.

Cheers.

John has the Onkyo DP-X1 I believe.

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #6 of 7
Yes, yes, of course you are right. Onkyo, I mixed that up, the Pioneer is a slightly lower spec version of this player. Mea culpa.

Jun 6, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #7 of 7
debating between wa8 and hugo2.. wish I could hear them side by side :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back