K-pop Thread
May 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #16 of 33
Diva is so weird, at least the Japanese version. The Korean version was done way better :frowning2:...

Kimchee help us keep this thread alive :D

I like the japanese version, the versions are very different though. Original korean version had more spirit maybe, but it just didn't fit in that case.

does this group sing in korean and japanese?
in this song the lyrics are in japanese. and engrish...
well the thread saids kpop.
actually just ignore me... im just a nobody who knows nothing..

Most k-pop groups do japanese versions and original songs in japanese. It's a big market there...

Another one of my favorites, when I first heard this I listened this about 5 times in a row:

May 25, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #18 of 33
haha any groups you're liking now manveru?

May 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #20 of 33
One of the most awesome k-pop songs ever made. <3

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #21 of 33
bump!

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #24 of 33

Pure gold! = )

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #26 of 33
In the Music forum -

http://www.head-fi.org/t/561434/asian-music-chinese-japanese-korean

edit - nm.. didn't see date at first. though I guess this one was still made after that one was!

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #28 of 33
Glad to find this thread. :) Yes I'm a bit of a metalhead. Yes, I love SNSD. :D Those two aren't mutually exclusive. :)

So yeah, I stumbled across SNSD about two years ago, and nearly fell in love with Sooyoung, *swoon* and Hyoyeon, for their awesome dancing skills, and Taeyeon for her awesome singing.

f(x) is probably my favourite Kpop act in terms of the music alone. Every one of those girls are fantastically talented.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:
If this thread isn't dead. Where do some of you get your high quality Kpop music files? (Especially SNSD.)

CDs are hard to find unless you import. ITunes has 256Kbps files, and for the price (compared to importing!) it isn't bad. Kpop ain't exactly audiophile material, most of the time so I find no need to be that picky, personally.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #30 of 33
What's the problem in importing CD's? I have probably around 75% or more of my collection imported. = ) It sucks that the CD's aren't available locally, but that's life here in Finland. About the cost... I find that unless you have an amazing record store next door, you still need to order them from somewhere. The shipping costs aren't much higher than domestically, which is something really strange. But here it's true. Many stores also offer free shipping when you order enough or some sort of bonus system. But that's just me and my experiences.

K-pop and other asian pop is in my opinion generally much more detailed than other pop and it really improves with better gear and better file quality. But we make our own choises, to me CD is much more than just better sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back