K 701: Worst purchase I've ever made
Sep 14, 2008 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ukcatz12

New Head-Fier
They are my worst purchase ever because they just ruined every other set of headphones I have. They sound so good I can no longer listen to my shure SE420's. I almost can't even listen to music when I workout anymore because of how awful the ipod headphones sound. I have a little dot amp on the way, and I already want to upgrade to achieve the best sound possible. By the end of the year I might be completely broke, but at least I'll have a kick ass headphone rig.

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 13
just wait until someone puts a lambda on your head

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 13
amm, now that is a good thing, not ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Just use them with a good amp and you are fixed
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #4 of 13
but the blue ones sound so much better
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 13
I kept reading Uncle Erik saying he never appreciated his untill he got his Zana. I have a nice setup but not Zana nice so I ditched mine. I do understand the attraction though, listening to them is kinda like pulling a wool hat off your head in the winter. Everything just opens up and is surrounded with air.

Sep 14, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #9 of 13
I had these MX400 sennheiser earphones... now i just hate even using them...although i got no portable choice.

Blame my HD555....now i am getting an amp too in 2 weeks time.

Since u hate your earphones now... u have only one choice

Get PK1..they are the best Earphones ever made...expensive but cheaper than your Shures.

Sep 14, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by frequencyhz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think the internet is the worst thing i ever payed for

haha that made me laugh

Sep 14, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #13 of 13
Its effect does wear off though. Considering its lack of bass and mediore sound for certain music genres, you probably want a grado and bass-heavy 'phone to compliment it. And that's when you start wanting balanced setup
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back