JVC SZ1000 concerns
Mar 27, 2015 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

IMPERIUS

Head-Fier
Hi!

I've been looking at the JVC SZ1000 for about a month ago and I kinda got the feeling that they have some issues with the build quality after looking at youtube reviews.

I got that feeling because they crackled almost every time the reviewer touched it/turned its earcups and that is not a good sign. 

And I also got some questions about them- how is the sound stage, how are the mids and high (bass is extremely great they said) compared to other headphones and do you need am amp to drive them/ get their full potential? 

I would really appreciate your feedback, especially feedback from their owners.

Thanks!

May 18, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi!

I've been looking at the JVC SZ1000 for about a month ago and I kinda got the feeling that they have some issues with the build quality after looking at youtube reviews.

I got that feeling because they crackled almost every time the reviewer touched it/turned its earcups and that is not a good sign.

And I also got some questions about them- how is the sound stage, how are the mids and high (bass is extremely great they said) compared to other headphones and do you need am amp to drive them/ get their full potential?

I would really appreciate your feedback, especially feedback from their owners.

Thanks!
I have the SZ1000's, the build quality is better than I expected however it does crackle, as for the sound they can sound a bit flat without an equalizer, the high are slightly worse then the Audio Technica M50X, the Mids and Lows are better on the SZ1000, The bass is worlds better then anything else I have tried, also a tip if you get these get an AMP more powerful than the FiiO E18 I run into clipping problems due my AMP not being able to output clean power at high gain it's a shame since the bass really comes alive when this happens, many people recommend the powerful portable Cayin C5 if you are willing to spend $130, I hope I helped you in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back