JVC SU-DH1, what setting do I use for PC gaming?
Aug 7, 2010 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kiunch

New Head-Fier
I been loving my SU-DH1  + AD700 combo for my PS3. Recently I tried to play Starcraft 2 using the same combo, I plug my SU-DH1 S/P-DIF Out. Unlike PS3 games, Starcraft 2 doesn't support DTS or DD, at the in game audio setting, I don't know if I should choose "Stereo" or "5.1" .

The game suggested "stereo" because I am using a headphone, however, shouldn't I choose "5.1" since SU-DH1 suppose to emulate surround sound? I ran into the same confusion while playing many FPS.

One last random question, is DH1 or DH2 better? The sound stage in DH2 is bigger, but it kinda weird on how it mess with the in game music, DH1 felt too "close". In movie I just turn off Dolby Headphone since it mess up the sound quality. 

Thank you.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 4
DH1 always works better for me in CQB-style FPS.
im not sure the dolby headphone technology in your JVC SU-DH1 is any different than the one in my Xonar D1 soundcard, but when i use it i will set 5.1 in game audio and windows control panel.

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Not sure here, but if you don't give the SU-DH1 a 5.1 signal there doesn't seem to be much point. DH1, DH2 and DH3 will depend on preferences and gear. 

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
"One last random question, is DH1 or DH2 better? The sound stage in DH2 is bigger, but it kinda weird on how it mess with the in game music, DH1 felt too "close". In movie I just turn off Dolby Headphone since it mess up the sound quality."

Hi, I've just acquired one recently, I am still confused with the DH settings, I am still unable to properly distinct the rear speaker, front speaker definition. Reading the manual, it seems that even with the Dolby D indicator one, we are still to select one of the DHx profiles in order to virtualize the audio channels, is this correct? Quoting your statement, you seem to have the DHx settings off, do you still perceive the intended virtualization in this mode? Would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back