JVC SU-DH1 vs. Pioneer SE-DIR800C
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Happyprozak

Head-Fier
The JVC is about $130 and the Pioneer is about $260, but if I were to get the Pioneer I would sell the wireless headphones which I think should get me about $70 dollars.

I'm only interested in using the devices as dac/amps for movies with wired headphones. I'll be using low impedance headphones so I don't think I'll need an extra amp, but I'm wondering which one of these would serve such a purpose better. Some people that have used the Pioneer unit with wired headphones have said that the DAC in the pioneer is really good, but I'm wondering if its a lot better compared to the DAC in the JVC. I know the JVC uses batteries which is no problem for me, but the portability of it is does not interest me either.

I'm just looking to get the best sound I can get so if someone can give me someone has had the luxury of playing with both, I'd love to hear your opinion.

Also, on a bit of a side note. I understand that an optical connection can pass through 2 channel HD audio. Is there any reason why either of these units wouldn't be able to? Today I A/B tested The Dark Knight in 2 channel HD and 2 channel dolby soundtrack and there was a very big difference in sound quality. So while I want these units for their dolby headphone, I think I'd also like to be able to switch to stereo HD audio every now and then.

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the short version that states what you want?

Which one of these is better if I intend to use them only for dolby digital headphone with wired headphones? The Pioneer is more expensive but is the extra cost worth it? Also, this will be used with low impedance headphones so how clean the output is will be a big consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back