JVC RX 700 vs JVC RX 900 vs Sony XB
Oct 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

samir0810

New Head-Fier
Hello guys. I'm kinda new here and I mostly registered since I gotta get new cans for my birthday and needed some help.
First of all, I mostly listen to modern, underground punk rock, but I am picky when it comes to headphones (although unfortunately I'm on a budget lol) and I REALLY like to hear the sexy raw bass guitar that characterizes punk rock music.
Therefore, I have narrowed down my headphone choice to three, which I can get for 50 dollars or something less:
JVC HA RX700
JVC HA RX900
Sony XB600

Out of the three, so far, the RX700 are leading. I'd like to know what you guys personally think. I'm afraid the XB600 will be uncomfortable and not really that great (that's what most reviews say), and they are in fact the ones I'm less inclined to buy. However, the real question is what is better between RX700 and RX900. It doesn't matter if you don't listen to punk, but if you listen to rock or metal music and like to listen to bass and have these headphones, please give me some feedback. It would be much appreciated. THANKYA

EDIT: Also, I would love to know how much do you think I should let these different headphones burn in, in case I buy them. How many hours, what kind of device (iPod? Computer?) and at what volume level. Thanks and much love.

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 3
I believe the RX900s are considered the more bassy,
but otherwise it's seems like it's 50/50 for who likes which one better (RX900 vs RX700).
XB500 are all about the bass, at least my ears.
Are the headphones going to be use in public? or private listening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back