JVC Marshmallows: unbeatable price/performance ratio , I am impressed.
Oct 23, 2007 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rick Hunter

100+ Head-Fier
I was in need of a new portable can because being used to nice cans I can't stand using earbuds anymore (I have Ibuds and senn mx450 and I hate them both) and all of my nice cans are not pocketable (my smallest can is grado SR60)

So I bought for about 15$ JVC marshmallows, and after burning them with pink noise for 20 hours I can honestly say that for their price tag these little canalphones are amazing.

They sound quite good straight out of my 5.5g video ipod, with a solid bassy sound that is bothered only by slightly too rolled off highs, a little muddyness in the bass department and they could be speedier on fast tracks like metal. Also because they're very sensitive I can hear a slight hiss when no music is playing, but I can't hear it with music going on, so it does not bother me. All in all for their price they're a HUGE upgrade from ibuds/mx450s in terms of bass, detail, euphony and dynamics.

When amped with my Hornet they get even better, to the point I was quite surprised: there's no hiss, the bass is tighter and no more muddy, the highs rolloff is much less evident, almost gone in fact, and the speed/detail resolution is much better. I have to say that out of the Hornet they sound nothing short of AMAZING considering their price tag.

I remember threads where Shure E500 users were saying that the use of a Hornet corrected their E500's highs rolloff.
I think it's happening the same with marshmallows. (keep in mind I use a ALO jumbo silver V2 cable between my Hornet and my Ipod though)

Best 15 bucks ever spent on earphones.

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm quite happy with mine. They're cheap enough that I don't worry about throwing them around, and the SQ tradeoff from Sportapros is fairly small, but worth it, considering the isolation they provide.

Although said isolation has nearly gotten me killed several times, I can wholeheartedly recommend these if you want to dabble in the world of isolating 'phones.

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 4
I got these today for best buy for 16$ with tax included and I love them . Whoever said they compare to apple ibuds are insane. I love mine
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back