JVC Marshmallows - fitting advice?
Aug 25, 2008 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Adeptus

New Head-Fier
I got a pair of JVC Marshmallows FX-33 today.

Left ear fits perfectly, with the cord going straight down, and gives a decent amount of isolation [size=xx-small](and huge bass - I think I'll try the Kramer mod later)[/size].

Right ear, I have been trying for a couple of hours to get a good fit. The best it got was with the tip pushed upwards into my ear canal, the bud itself sitting in the canal opening, and the cable sticking straight out...
confused_face(1).gif
That gave almost as much isolation as the left, but wasn't exactly comfortable.

Any advice on other tips to try, or ways to get a better fit?

Aug 25, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #2 of 7
Decided to try them again, and managed to get a reasonable fit with the cables pointing up on both ears.
The left is a fairly secure seal - doesn't lose isolation when I move my mouth etc. The right is more tenuous - if I clench my teeth I get a loss of isolation (& bass) on that side.
Speaking of bass... woah! Definitely need to do the Kramer mod...

Aug 25, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #3 of 7
Don't worry too much about the bass, the Marshmallow is one of the few IEMs that need burn-in and their bass will calm down overtime. Still, you should do the kramer mod to release the highs.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 7
I use the UE soft silicone tips that came with my SF 5Pros and those fit very nicely. Improved the sound and provided good isolation.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #6 of 7
I just press the eartips down hard, insert into the ear and let them expand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back