JVC Marshmallow or J2 Jbuds?
Dec 19, 2008 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Bacon_N_Cheese

100+ Head-Fier
Alright, well I just got both the Marshmallow and the J2 buds. I can't quite decide what sounds better, so I'll leave it to the experts. The marshmallow seems to have better bass and is less muddier than the J2, but maybe thats because I have been listening to the JVC for nearly a week and I just got the J2 today.

Whats everyone's opinion about which is better?

Dec 19, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #2 of 16
Don't just make your decision based on other people's opinion... Its personal preference. They produce different sounds, which do YOU like better? If you can't tell the difference, then what would it matter what other people say? If others told you one was better than the other, then the only change you'll be hearing from there on out will be psychological since you can't decide which sounds better.

Dec 19, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 16
Burn them in (both of them) for at least 24 hours after buying. I'd say 48 hours would be a better fail-safe. Whether you listen the entire 24/48 hours is up to you. Just put sound through them for a fair period of time and then make a decision, but not before.

Dec 19, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #6 of 16
is the bass on marshmallow good?ive heard some health issues on memory foam.anybody enlighten me?

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by lauinbeta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
health issues? what health issues? i want to know more about this!

Memory foam causes Alzheimer's Disease. The foam has been manufactured in such a way that mercury has leeched into the foam particles. These foam particles act as a natural conductor for the electrical signals which process long term memory functions. These signals are drawn to the foam, which "sponges up" your memories. This is exactly why they get "crusty" over time. The mercury in the foam gradually pulls to the surface and slowly solidifies with your earwax, creating that rough texture and gunk you'll feel after some time of prolonged memory foam use.

Of course, this takes years, but after many years of prolonged use of these dangerous, mercury-infused memory foam tips, people really do get "lost in the music."

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #9 of 16
I just burned all of my foamies in a fit of organic health rage!

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Memory foam causes Alzheimer's Disease. The foam has been manufactured in such a way that mercury has leeched into the foam particles. These foam particles act as a natural conductor for the electrical signals which process long term memory functions. These signals are drawn to the foam, which "sponges up" your memories. This is exactly why they get "crusty" over time. The mercury in the foam gradually pulls to the surface and slowly solidifies with your earwax, creating that rough texture and gunk you'll feel after some time of prolonged memory foam use.

Of course, this takes years, but after many years of prolonged use of these dangerous, mercury-infused memory foam tips, people really do get "lost in the music."

Where did you pull THAT info from?
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #11 of 16
I knew those things had to be bad in more ways than one!! Marshmellow was the first venture into IEM for me, and it's a lousy representative. Once I discovered silicon tips, I was much happier, so I'd get the Jbuds since they do not have foamies like the marhsmellows. The tips are hard and uncomfortable on the mellows, like sticking a fork in your ear. Even triple flange earplugs are more comfortable!

Dec 19, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #12 of 16
is the JVC marshmallow using universal tips size?if so then i shall get the marshmallow + some tips from Jaben

Dec 19, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #13 of 16
I've got both the Marshmallows and JBuds. I've not fully burned in the JBuds yet but some of that muddyness definitely goes away. I prefer the sound and fit of the JBuds. They are also fairly compatible with tips for other headphones whereas those Marshmallow things just get messed up.

It's your call though. Just make sure you do a fair comparison.

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #14 of 16
wow, if the thing about memory foam is true, then I'm definitely not using Marshmallows. So far, after using the Jbuds for awhile, they sound a bit better, but still not as good as the marshmallows. I'll see after awhile more

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #15 of 16
Memory foam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Memory foam?

"Memory foam causes Alzheimer's Disease. The foam has been manufactured in such a way that mercury has leeched into the foam particles. These foam particles act as a natural conductor for the electrical signals which process long term memory functions. These signals are drawn to the foam, which "sponges up" your memories. This is exactly why they get "crusty" over time. The mercury in the foam gradually pulls to the surface and slowly solidifies with your earwax, creating that rough texture and gunk you'll feel after some time of prolonged memory foam use.

Of course, this takes years, but after many years of prolonged use of these dangerous, mercury-infused memory foam tips, people really do get "lost in the music.""

Obviously joking guys lol. Gullible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back